Bancroft and Chigwell scholarship interview

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sis

Bancroft and Chigwell scholarship interview

Post by sis »

Has anyone heard back yet about interviews from Bancrofts or Chigwell ?
CPM1771

Re: Bancroft and Chigwell scholarship interview

Post by CPM1771 »

Chigwell sent letters last week. I would have thought Bancroft will start e-mailing & calling on Friday as they will start interviewing on Monday. From experience with our eldest DS these can be rather last minute, they do not all come at once and it takes them a few days to get through their list. I think they send the NO's out later rather than as they go along.
HotCrossBun

Post by HotCrossBun »

I think Bancroft interviews everyone they are considering for a place after marking the exams. They choose which children to offer scholarships based on the same exam that everyone took and the interview that everyone who made it past the exam had. Unlike Chigwell, there is no extra assessment for children who go onto get scholarships.

Bancrofts has a rather "strict" reputation in our neighbourhood, but imho this is a gentler process on children and their parents than the additional interviews/tests/assessments that some schools employ.
CPM1771

Post by CPM1771 »

Yes, Bancroft will mark the exam and then send e-mails calling children that they believe have a good chance of being offered a place on the basis of exam performance. Any scholarship interviews take place as part of the interview, there is no call back for specific scholarship interviews and they will not tell you if DC is being considered. They interview children in random pairings, although from experience children being considered for scholarships may be interviewed together. They have said they will start interviewing on Monday 2nd until Saturday 7th, so I am sure that they will send out interview requests in batches over the next few days. In previous years they sent rejection letters after they had finished calling people for interviews which unfortunately makes the waiting somewhat more painful.
CPM1771

Post by CPM1771 »

For those waiting Bancroft seem to have started e-mailing this evening. As i have said they don't normally send them all at the same time so please don't panic if you haven't yet heard.
Millennium

Post by Millennium »

Hi all, last night email came from Bancroft at 19:23 for interview. My eldest is at Bancroft so we are all happy. Emails are going through batches till Monday so anybody has not received don't panic.... :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now