11+ 2016 Entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bluesapphire

11+ 2016 Entry

Post by bluesapphire »

Hiiiiii, DD is preparing for 11+ this year for 2016 entry, anyone else on board who r in the same boat as me??? Howz it going guys?????
sonasona

Re: 11+ 2016 Entry

Post by sonasona »

Hi,

I'd suggest you all get together which can prove quite fruitful!..............http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 10&t=40907" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
grammar2012

Post by grammar2012 »

Hi both,

We are in the same boat i.e. 2016 entry. which schools are you targetting? HBS,Latymer, DAO, NLCS, City and Habs for us.
BaileyLane

Post by BaileyLane »

Hello *waves*

In same boat as you with DS. Just starting to do some prep now. DS quite motivated but would rather be on Xbox! He is coping quite well with everything but we are really going to have to do some work on his vocab and concentration.

We are using CGP books and IPS. IPS maths seems easier, but there is an awful lot that he hasn't covered yet at school. Is anyone else finding that?
grammar2012

Post by grammar2012 »

yes primary schools don't seem to cover everything in Key stage 2 by the time they sit the exams which is pretty annoying:-(

which school are you targetting?

I wonder if anyone has the answers to the following for HBS please?
1. Is the whole exam 70 minutes long with no breaks?
2. Is the exam one whole booklet split into English and Numerical Reasoning or are all the subjects mixed up here and there into one booklet?
3. Is the answer put into the booklet or on a separate answer sheet? It’s machine marked obviously.
4. Are the written answers - short answers or multiple choice or mixture?
5. Do they provide rough paper to do working outs before writing the answer in the booklet?
6. We know they will test Numerical Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning that will include Cloze passages, however will it include Comprehension which is reading an article or story?

will be very greatful for a response.
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

grammar2012,

from the list of your target schools it seems to me that you are in North London whereas this thread someone started in Berkshire region. So may be if you post your questions in your region you might get more appropriate answers.

For CEM tests they are all either ticking the box kind or just filling up the numerical answers, there is no longer writing task involved.

If you PM me your email address I will try to send you some papers for you to have a look and then you will get better idea. You can buy those papers as well online from AMAZON.

Yes the comprehension do include reading an article or story and then answering multiple choice questions. CEM is not predictable, so there might be Cloze passages or might not be.
grammar2012

Post by grammar2012 »

Thanks Indiemon. I have PM you my email address.
mamu

Post by mamu »

We are still waiting for the exam centre and other details for my DD for slough consortium exam on 12th Sept.
Is it only me or all are waiting as well.
In case I have missed any communication from slough consortium, where do I check?
got to keep going

Post by got to keep going »

Hi Mamu. My ds sat 11+ in Slough last year. We were informed in late July by e mail the details of where and when. I would be surprised if they had changed the timing of this. Go back though your e mail history. If I recall correctly the e mail came from the admissions officer of Hershal (where he sat exam) and not slough consortium itself. The sender just showed as a name. If no joy you may need to try and contact one of the schools.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now