Find out about secondary school 2nd Mar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

worriedmum76

Find out about secondary school 2nd Mar

Post by worriedmum76 »

Hi All

Just spoke to Kent County and if you didn't already know, we all find out about which school your DS/DD goes to on the 2nd Mar via email (if that's how you registered)

Fingers crossed and good luck all.

still worried mum :roll:
PanicMode

Re: Find out about secondary school 2nd Mar

Post by PanicMode »

We're quietly losing nails and hair here too....DS is crossing days off on his calendar I discovered yesterday. Poor thing, I think he just wants to know now!
frangipani

Post by frangipani »

My first thought yesterday was: 'This time next month!'
Feeling slightly obsessed :oops:
The unknown drives me bonkers!

Does anyone else have mixed feelings about their choices?
I found it really tough to choose and am still not sure we made the right choices.
DS is certain, but not me :(
PanicMode

Post by PanicMode »

I'm wishing we'd put a different second choice Frangipani - but again, DS was sure of his choices. I am worried about how I'm going to manage him if he doesn't get his first choice (Skinners); he is SOOOOO desperate to go and keeps saying "When I go to Skinners...." and I keep having to gently say, "If....".

It's going to be a long month I think!
worriedmum76

Post by worriedmum76 »

@ frangipani - don't have mixed feelings about the choice as such, but my DS has his heart set on the one school, and want him to be mentally prepared for any eventuality!
@ panic mode, mine same similar things about a different school....I will be a nervous wreck a day before
Loopy Lou

Post by Loopy Lou »

Frangipani, yes I am beginning too!

I'm not sure if its just nerves now time is so close. He is my eldest/first/baby. But now I'm slightly worried as my son is sooo not sporty, and I have recently been scaring myself with reading some teacher reviews by students regarding sports teachers humiliating unsporty boys :( .

Also does not help that DS teachers are suddenly announcing that DS is disorganised and very slow, (ie no sense of urgency) and will struggle at any secondary school let alone grammar school if he does not come out of his permanent daydream. :( :(

But on the bright side it was DS first and second choice and he was not tutored so he must have something in his head-world that might get him through. At least thats what I am telling myself, but its good to know I am not the only one who has last minute worries/doubts...

(ps, I read another of your threads somewhere regarding your DS sitting the test, and you could have been describing mine, with the fact he does everything in his head and left out then end of the paper without guessing!)
FortyNinePence

Post by FortyNinePence »

I so understand about the worry of the right choice.

DS should get either his first or second choice. Whichever he gets, I will worry. The problem is I have spent so long looking at both options, I am so hyper aware of the pitfalls of either.

This parenting lark is quite a responsibility. :|
mystery

Post by mystery »

Loopy Lou wrote:
Also does not help that DS teachers are suddenly announcing that DS is disorganised and very slow, (ie no sense of urgency) and will struggle at any secondary school let alone grammar school if he does not come out of his permanent daydream. :( :(
Maybe the teachers at the grammar school will be pleasanter, better at motivating children and better versed in child psychology.
Loopy Lou

Post by Loopy Lou »

Lets hope so Mystery! Or they may just be used to bright boys that are self-motivated...
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

[quote="Loopy Lou"

[/quote]

If it helps DD was a bit of a dreamer, now at GS seems that's no longer a problem. She thinks she was a bit bored if anything, so felt hat she could switch off.

I doubt he will be the only one disorganised either.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now