CLSG Offers are out

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

HotCrossBun

CLSG Offers are out

Post by HotCrossBun »

At the suggestion of another poster I am starting this thread.

My DD received an offer this morning at City and we are delighted. :D It is the only super selective school she tried for. We will find out in a week whether she receives any scholarship offers at our more local schools next week. If so, we will have some very tough choices to make. If not, she is still incredibly fortunate.

Congratulations to all the DDs who also received offers, and commiserations to those who've missed out. Fingers crossed that everyone ends up with satisfactory offers.
Clapham mum

Re: CLSG Offers are out

Post by Clapham mum »

Well done to those with offers. We are waiting list but told it is small and girls are offered from it. Trying to be positive especially since DD will be really disappointed so have to manage all that. Please can anyone who will be declining a place do it asap. The thought of having to pay a deposit elsewhere when our heart is with City is a bit disheartening. Will the stress never end argh....?!!
Khe

Post by Khe »

Congrats to everyone who got offers. We are placed on the waiting list.
Duago

Post by Duago »

Congratulations to all DCs with offers today. We are on a waiting list as well. Any ideas as to how many girls are on waiting lists?
They said in their e-mail that places are offered to girls from the waiting list but does anyone know how many girls, on average, are taken from the waiting list.
NeedWine

Post by NeedWine »

FWIW, last year they had more acceptances than they were expecting and had to create an extra class so I assume no one was offered from waiting list. However, I think that is probably good news for those on the waiting list this year - given lack of space, they will not want to have to do the same again so I would expect that they will have been much more cautious on number of initial offers this year and will place more reliance on waiting list.
Ollopy

Post by Ollopy »

We also got an offer which we'll be turning down - so good news to all on the waiting list! DD didn't like the school (they were unfortunately the only school which couldn't give us a tour - we live overseas so our only experience of it was exam and interview day!) interview day seemed a little hothouse-y tbh and everyone we saw was in prep uniform (my dd rocked up in DMs and black jeans!) I'm a bit sad about this because it looked like such a good match for her on paper - think it would have been her first choice if she only got a tour!
Khe

Post by Khe »

Hi Ollopy. My daughter mentioned an American girl who was quite friendly taking the exam. Was that your daughter? Congrats to her.
Ollopy

Post by Ollopy »

Hi Khe, it could be my daughter (short, long black hair, DMs and jeans, preserved the English accent tho) still a bit jet lagged when she took the city exam so glad she still managed to be friendly - she definitely likes to talk! Looks like she'll be going to alleyns rather than city. What about your DD, Khe?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

So many CLG offers being turned down, and if the waiting list is short as some one mentioned, all the children on wait list have very very good odds of getting the place.
Khe

Post by Khe »

Hi Ollopy that's wonderful that your daughter is going to Alleyns. Best wishes to her. My DD is on the waiting list for City. She feels gutted as she is very competitive but that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes. Told her not to worry because she done her best and the fact that she didn't do any preparation other than practicing the City Past papers shows that she will do well.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now