Do St Helens or Habs have waiting lists

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
pk21

Do St Helens or Habs have waiting lists

Post by pk21 »

My dd got a no from both habs and St Helens over the weekend and is devastated as she says both interviews went well. She really loved and St Helens.

Does anyone if the schools have waiting lists or do the schools over offer so they make sure they have their numbers.
NLMum27

Re: Do St Helens or Habs have waiting lists

Post by NLMum27 »

I believe that Habs do run a waitlist, but that if you are waitlisted they let you know that. Not sure about St Helen's I'm afraid, although most schools do.

Did you have any other options?
pk21

Post by pk21 »

She does have Northwood College, but her heart (and ours) was set on St Helens
NLMum27

Post by NLMum27 »

Perhaps give them a call? I think if you got a straight no then it's unlikely that you will be able to access the waitlist, but it's worth a call so you know either way. Good luck.
pk21

Post by pk21 »

Thanks NLMum, I will try. Do you think they will be open in half term
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I would recommend that you consider sending a carefully written email. But you need to decide which one is your first choice because you would need to say that in the email. I would also ask for some feedback on the interview as it will help you to understand their decision. DG
coolmum123

Post by coolmum123 »

The Admissions dept might still be working over the next few days. Good luck.
pk21

Post by pk21 »

Thanks, I have tried to call habs and they have an answer message asking to email any queries and they will reply after half term. At St Helens no one is answering. As you said DG, I will send an email out to St Helens.

It seems 11+ is getting harder and harder. Didn't feel so much stress with ds three years ago. Glad I don't need to go through this again!!!
coolmum123

Post by coolmum123 »

pk21 wrote:
It seems 11+ is getting harder and harder. Didn't feel so much stress with ds three years ago. Glad I don't need to go through this again!!!
This I agree with, I certainly found this process harder than we did with our DS too. I have heard of boys who didnt get interviews at Habs and MT this year when really they should have.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

There is no question in my mind that the 11 plus is getting harder and harder. I know of a student who got into St Albans Girls with a Level 4 in English two years ago but that would not happen now. I know of students on the same level as others just from last year who did not get interviews at Habs and St Albans this year. St Albans boys actually said in their rejection letter that the pass mark had gone up this year. I think more parents are aware of the opportunities available than previously so the pass mark is being pushed up by increased applications. DG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now