Year 12 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

used2beroche

Year 12 entry

Post by used2beroche »

Hi
Can't believe I'm back here 6 years later with this question?

Anyway dd currently at yr 11 loreto - went to AGGS open evening a really liked school and the geography curriculum.

She applied for year 12 entry and was just offered a place! However now she is terrified that the pressure will be too great

She is smart but totally doubts her abilities and doesn't always stretch herself - although she works hard and responds well to rules and formal structure etc.

Does anyone have experience of 6th form life at AGGS - if she is struggling will she get help and support or will people be on her back - what will they do with her if she feels she achieving her best but they think she can do more?

She is also looking at Knutsford academy as she thinks they will be more relaxed with her, has a place at loreto as well!!

She was the one that wanted to go and look at other schools-I don't think she expected to get in to AGGS a - and now is struggling to know what to do!!!
Thanks
TIDDLYMUM

Re: Year 12 entry

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Hello and welcome back! Can't believe our little ones are going to sixth form!

If she is offered a place and fancies it, just go for it. From what I have heard it's no coast at Loreto , so she will cope just fine.

And well done to her :D
Catseye

Re: Year 12 entry

Post by Catseye »

if AGGS think she can keep up with the pace of work there then I would trust their assessment of your DD, after all they do the same A levels as everybody else and Loreto is a respected Grammar School in its own right .

I really do think you are worrying about nothing, she will do just fine :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now