When does your Primary School get list of destinations?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Buckbeak

When does your Primary School get list of destinations?

Post by Buckbeak »

Been a while, thought I'd check in and see what's happening . 23 days left before we find out if all the hard work paid off.

My question to you lovely parents, with whom I am proud to be associated with --

When does your school get a list of all their year 6 children's allocated places? Same time as we do?

Also, when does the Grammar School get their list of which child has successfully gained a place in their school?

Appreciate any/all insights into these questions. Cheers...

OK, time to have another cup of tea, and carry on dwelling on 3rd MARCH...

:)
mrsowen

Re: When does your Primary School get list of destinations?

Post by mrsowen »

I have no idea about the answer to your question, but it is reassuring to know that I am not the only one obsessing about NAD!
loopylou

Post by loopylou »

Head Teachers are notified of the allocations a few days before parents but they are not allowed to disclose results.
Some share the destinations with the Year 6 teaching staff. Many don't.
Since allocations day falls on a Monday this year, the schools will get the Year 6 destinations the week before.
Redshoes

Post by Redshoes »

I too am obsessing about it and suspect there are many more who are.
I only discovered this forum after we got DDs results but have found the advice, support and information invaluable
Wee

Post by Wee »

I've worked with y6 in a wolves primary for many years. We will get the list on Monday, not before.
Buckbeak

Post by Buckbeak »

Thanks for your replies to date folks.

I am just wondering how the process unfolds. I know that the primary schools won't divulge the allocations for their yr.6 children to anyone in advance , but I was wondering if the Headteacher is informed in advance of the parents.

Also, if the Grammar Schools are informed earlier too. I would imagine that, with 20 days to go now, the allocations process must be complete by now.

Just think, in some server somewhere, information of our child's allocation is stored at this very moment.. Perhaps even being printed as I type!!

Thump....thump....
(Oh.... The tension... )

:)
rabbie burns

Post by rabbie burns »

I know someone who worked for Birmingham City Council and they knew that on the floor below them were staff with all the information on allocations at their finger tips and could do nothing about it!
Wee

Post by Wee »

School will know the same day as parents receiving email notification but this will be before parents receive letter notification.
Buckbeak

Post by Buckbeak »

I was told by someone who works as admin in a Secondary School in Birmingham, that they get a list of allocations this week.... before the parents find out!

:-)
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Buckbeak wrote:I was told by someone who works as admin in a Secondary School in Birmingham, that they get a list of allocations this week.... before the parents find out!

:-)
It's not surprising that Secondary Schools find out earlier, they usually prepare some sort of welcome letter or postcard which arrives on the same day as the letter notification from the council (or before!), hence they would need to know.