Bancrofts, Chigwell and Forest offers are out

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

HotCrossBun

Bancrofts, Chigwell and Forest offers are out

Post by HotCrossBun »

We received all three in the post today. Offers at all three, with a small scholarship at Forest. Only Bancrofts offers an open morning for offer holders. Only Bancrofts printed the termly fees in their offer letter. I search and search, but cannot find confirmation of the termly fees in the Chigwell or Forest materials. Maybe I am just a little too giddy at the moment.

Good luck to all the other DC. Congratulations to all who got the offers for which they were hoping, and commiserations to those who are disappointed.
hermanmunster

Re: Bancrofts, Chigwell and Forest offers are out

Post by hermanmunster »

Well done HCB!!!!

Don't worry about the giddiness :wink:

here is links to Chigwell fees http://www.chigwell-school.org/admissio ... aries.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and Forest http://www.forest.org.uk/girls-school/admissions-1/fees" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 »

we have also received offers from all three this morning :):)

very proud of our son but now a very hard decision to make
HotCrossBun

Post by HotCrossBun »

Thanks for the links and kind wishes! I am just filling out my spreadsheets :wink:
TP123

Post by TP123 »

We received a scholarship for DD for Bancroft and a fee paying place for Forest (didn't apply for Chigwell). Good luck to everyone!
ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 »

I would love some advise from any one with children in any of the above school, what do you think the main positives are about each school.

Distance wise there is not much of a difference in amount of time it will take to get there however chigwell will be the quickest, my son is very academic and enjoys a challenge but pastoral care is very important for us. We get the feeling Chigwell has great pastoral care but wondered if it would be academically challenging enough for my son.

Any tips or advise on any of these schools would be a great help at this very confusing time.

We are also making arrangements to go and view all the schools again to see if he feels that he would prefer one school to another.

Best wishes
HotCrossBun

Post by HotCrossBun »

That's amazing TP123! You must be delighted.

ayesha11, we also live in the area (so we will probably see each other Friday morning at Bancrofts and not even know it!)

Over the years, people have given me the impression that Bancrofts is the most academically challenging. But really, all three schools have great results. Chigwell does have a good reputation in terms of pastoral care and Forest is known for going all out to get children involved in arts and sports no matter what their raw talent. I doubt you can go wrong. Which does your DS fancy?
ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 »

Yes TP123! that is amazing.

My son is torn between Forest and Chigwell, he is not too keen on Bancrofts, but the taster lesson on Friday morning should be helpful.

HotCrossBun - have you made your mind up which school?

yes LOL will most probably see you on Friday and not realize
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now