does DD on the Kendrick waiting list stands no chances ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Chloe

does DD on the Kendrick waiting list stands no chances ?

Post by Chloe »

does DD on the Kendrick waiting list stands no chances at all for the 2015 entry ?

what are the possibilities of getting in if on waiting list.

any input, much appreciated.
Tinkers

Re: does DD on the Kendrick waiting list stands no chances ?

Post by Tinkers »

Three years ago, everyone who qualified got a place ultimately. Don't think that had ever happened before.

Two years ago, the waiting list move a couple of places before summer, a total of 4 places by December (when the waiting list ends)

Last year, it moved 4 places by summer, and I think another couple of places. (I think one was at October half term).

So it does move a little but I wouldn't count on it moving much more than it has in the last couple of years.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

OP have you received waiting list number from the school or was it a general query ?
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

This year there are quite a few parents I know applied for independent schools inspite of high scores in Kendrick. So there might be a higher movement than last two-three years as these parents will finally turn down Kendrick places eventually.

So OP IMHO there are chances for waiting list DDs :)
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

indiemom wrote:This year there are quite a few parents I know applied for independent schools inspite of high scores in Kendrick. So there might be a higher movement than last two-three years as these parents will finally turn down Kendrick places eventually.

I'd like to agree, but we've heard this sort of thing in previous years too. I think it's a case of hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. I suspect a number change their minds once an offer from Kendrick turns up.
baleine_33

Post by baleine_33 »

Does waiting list include only those in catchment?

Might sound daft but I don't know if those with higher scores living out if catchment get a place automatically? Tx
baleine_33

Post by baleine_33 »

Chloe wrote:does DD on the Kendrick waiting list stands no chances at all for the 2015 entry ?

Hi

Might sound daft but I don't know if those with higher scores living out if catchment get a place automatically? Tx
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

baleine_33 wrote:
Chloe wrote:does DD on the Kendrick waiting list stands no chances at all for the 2015 entry ?

Hi

I don't know whether waiting list will include the outside catchment candidates as well or not, but definitely they will be at the end of the inside catchment people.
But that I want to mean that all the inside catchment students with scores above 110 and Reading Boys or Kendrick as their first preference will first go onto waiting list and then (if at all) the outside catchment ones.

I believe like most of the superselective schools with catchment criteria, usually the inside catchment students are enough for the waiting list above the cutoff mark therefore outside catchment usually don't get any place through waiting list. :(
Chloe

Post by Chloe »

Tinkers wrote:
indiemom wrote:This year there are quite a few parents I know applied for independent schools inspite of high scores in Kendrick. So there might be a higher movement than last two-three years as these parents will finally turn down Kendrick places eventually.

Thanks indiemum

I'd like to agree, but we've heard this sort of thing in previous years too. I think it's a case of hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. I suspect a number change their minds once an offer from Kendrick turns up.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now