Lady Elenor Holles

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

guest19

Lady Elenor Holles

Post by guest19 »

Does anyone have any information on LEH?

Please reply as I am due to sit the exam in January :!:
guest19

PLEASE REPLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by guest19 »

Can someone please try and reply as my examination in Leh is on the 8th of Jan
:? :( :? :( :? :( :? :( :? :( :? :( :? :( :? :( :? :( :? :( :? :( :?

Post by Guest »

You should find all the information you need on the links off this wep page link of their excellent website:

http://www.lehs.org.uk/cat_index_30.php
*SuperStar*

Lady Eleanor Holles

Post by *SuperStar* »

The site gives some information but not the sort that I would like to know, maybe some advice from a leh candidate would do me good!

Lola Rose 8)
SunlampVexesEel

Re: Lady Eleanor Holles

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

*SuperStar* wrote:...but not the sort that I would like to know
The General Paper was a bit of a surprise to DD as we did not know the sylabus.

Amazingly the conversation in the hall seemed to imply that those in the know, perhaps with friends or siblings who had taken the test before did know some of the content; I guess we were not as well prepared as some!

There were tears from children and even adults! This whole process is absolutely ridiculous.

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
asha

Post by asha »

That's ridiculous - didn't the school inform you that there was also a General Paper? Was it a Maths/Science/English paper or Reasoning?
SunlampVexesEel

asha wrote:That's ridiculous - didn't the school inform you that there was also a General Paper? Was it a Maths/Science/English paper or Reasoning?
We did know there would be a "General Paper" but did not know the content. But I don't think it is a big deal.... there were general knowledge questions, geography etc.

Actually DD seemed to enjoy it; a bit of light relief compared to the other papers.

I bet they get some really funny answers to some questions.

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
marina

Equal opportunities to LEH Junior candidates?

Post by marina »

LEH has reiterated in many occasions that LEH Junior students would not be treated any different from external candidates during the Senior School entrance examination procedures. Yet... did you notice that the girls from the LEH Junior school wore their uniform on Tuesday 8th January (exam date) eventhough the classes had not started yet at the Junior school. Why? Furthermore, these girls actually did the exam all together in a separate classroom. Can any body explain why was that necessary?
simon

Post by simon »

could it be because the junior school would be regarded as a failure if the vast majority of junior school kids don't go through?
SunlampVexesEel

Re: Equal opportunities to LEH Junior candidates?

marina wrote:did you notice that the girls from the LEH Junior school wore their uniform on Tuesday 8th January
That's pretty funny. It was a parent of the group in Red that appeared to have knowledge of the General paper.

Oh well. Just proves that these selection procedures all have their own special twists and turns and to be honest if I was a parent of a Junior School child then a bit of bias would come in handy.

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now