Anyone know cutoff points for Dartford Girls?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
BexleyKent

Anyone know cutoff points for Dartford Girls?

Post by BexleyKent »

DD got in Wilmington Girls with 368. Read from the forum that a DS got in DGS with 371.

We were expecting DGGS though :(
MJMoore

Re: Anyone know cutoff points for Dartford Girls?

Post by MJMoore »

I know someone who got in with a score of 339 - lives close though, not sure if that makes a difference.
Colmans

Post by Colmans »

MJMoore wrote:I know someone who got in with a score of 339 - lives close though, not sure if that makes a difference.
100 places reserved for girls within Dartford and surrounding parishes based on score and then rest based on score alone (incl OOC).

I've heard of Girls who live in the Dartford catchment getting offers with scores in the 350's, so it would seem 340+ in area is a safe bet if the above is true, and they dont have a sibling at the school.

I'm interested though in the minimum score for OOC applicants.
Last edited by Colmans on Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colmans

Post by Colmans »

BexleyKent wrote:DD got in Wilmington Girls with 368. Read from the forum that a DS got in DGS with 371.

We were expecting DGGS though :(

Thats interesting. I assume you are OOC for Dartford but could live within (or close enough to) the 1mile radius for Wilmington assuming you are in Bexley area?
BexleyKent

Post by BexleyKent »

Thank you for your info.

I am actually quite far from both schools. I live in Woolwich, London. 7 miles away. DGGS is much more convenient for us to commute.

Read another boy got in DGS with 369. I guess the cutoff for DGGS is higher then.

I am wondering whether DD has a chance to get a place in April 2nd selection...
euromum

Post by euromum »

Have just been informed that the Dartford Girls OOC cut-off is 370; DD got 365 :-(.

BTW distance cut-off for Wilmington (girls) was 6.3 miles I believe. BexleyKent 7 miles can't be the crow flies distance then? My head is exploding today!
BexleyKent

Post by BexleyKent »

euromum wrote:Have just been informed that the Dartford Girls OOC cut-off is 370; DD got 365 :-(.

BTW distance cut-off for Wilmington (girls) was 6.3 miles I believe. BexleyKent 7 miles can't be the crow flies distance then? My head is exploding today!

I know the feeling! so stressed when I do not know which school DD is going to at this point. Hope all is going well for you, Euromum.

I called DGGS this afternoon and was told the same thing. I am putting my DD in the waiting list though there are 18 kids at the front.

Yeah, I think you are right. I checked the distance using google map :D .. so is your DD in Wilmington catchment area?
euromum

Post by euromum »

Hi BexleyKent it's going ok and pretty much as I had expected thanks so not too disappointed at this stage! We are 8.1 miles away from Wilmington as the crow flies so not in catchment and I didn't expect to get either Wilmington or Dartford in the first round. So there are 18 girls with 369 ahead of your DD waiting for Dartford? OMG we don't stand a chance then :-(.

Just out of interest, would you mind telling me your ATCF distance from Wilmington please? you must be one of the furthest out to get a place I think? You can use this link ;-)

http://www.freemaptools.com/distance-be ... tcodes.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BexleyKent

Post by BexleyKent »

euromum wrote:Hi BexleyKent it's going ok and pretty much as I had expected thanks so not too disappointed at this stage! We are 8.1 miles away from Wilmington as the crow flies so not in catchment and I didn't expect to get either Wilmington or Dartford in the first round. So there are 18 girls with 369 ahead of your DD waiting for Dartford? OMG we don't stand a chance then :-(.

Just out of interest, would you mind telling me your ATCF distance from Wilmington please? you must be one of the furthest out to get a place I think? You can use this link ;-)

http://www.freemaptools.com/distance-be ... tcodes.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hi Euromum,

We are 6 miles away as the crow flies and 7 miles by land transport.

The lady I spoke to had a valid point when saying that not all 18 of them would ask to be in the waiting list. She did not say they were all on 369. I guess it includes kids on 368 as well but may be closer to the school?

We are offered WGGS but may not take it as it is not convenient for DD to commute.

It does not cost anything so might as well put your DD on the waiting list? you never know :)
euromum

Post by euromum »

Hi BexleyKent wow so you were so lucky to get Wilmington then! Do you mind if I ask why you prefer Dartford?

Regarding the 18 girls on the Dartford waiting list, for OOC I think it's all on score, distance isn't a factor for Dartford as it is for Wilmington...will definitely put DD on both waiting lists though, thanks for your support!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now