CCHS Chat - entry Sept 2015.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MmeOgg

CCHS Chat - entry Sept 2015.

Post by MmeOgg »

I thought I would start a thread where parents of girls with places at CCHS can share info and chat.

Firstly, huge congratulations to you and your DDs!

Having received a huge envelope of essential information from CCHS today, I'm beginning to realise that the whole 11+ and admissions was only the start. So much to think about, so many decisions still to make :lol:
ohnoyoudidnt

Re: CCHS Chat - entry Sept 2015.

Post by ohnoyoudidnt »

Ours came today.

Bit annoyed that the taster days and welcome meetings are on monday/tuedays. As I work these days.
Guess I'm going to have to use annual leave to cover them.

Not sure DD will want to do the hockey days, but I might make her do at least one.
MmeOgg

Post by MmeOgg »

There certainly seem to be a lot of dates to fit in - DD's grandparents are going to be working overtime looking after little brother while we are CCHSing.

I'm not sure about the Hockey either, although hoping that DD can be persuaded to try the Netball or Athletics instead.
ohnoyoudidnt

Post by ohnoyoudidnt »

Was there info about atheletics and Netball in there too?
Must admit I only had a quick flit through it.
MmeOgg

Post by MmeOgg »

There is a page about hockey, a page about netball and athletics and another page with the permission slips on. The paper was pinkish for all three.
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

I think we are going to give all the p.e things a go as it gives the girls a chance to meet some of the girls that will be starting with them in September. To be honest I haven't told DD she has a choice as to whether to do them or not as I know she won't want to do the netball and hockey! At the moment I'm more worried about getting her swimming up to standard as she's never been a confident swimmer and also getting hold of two utility bills as we do everything 'paperless'
ohnoyoudidnt

Post by ohnoyoudidnt »

Plus, didnt we do this when we registered the girls for the exam, so they have had this information already.
x
TP123

Post by TP123 »

Pinkrabbit - I have the same concerns on swimming and utility bills. I feel I have done this 3 times already!! And not to find the latest is gonna take a bit of time. It is exciting to read the letter and think about all the options.

My DD is not sporty but we will try hockey and netball I think. Athlete will be going a bit too far lol!

Need to book annual leave to cover the different meetings. Will be nice to meet the parents too.
jojo2305

Post by jojo2305 »

pinkrabbit38 wrote:I think we are going to give all the p.e things a go as it gives the girls a chance to meet some of the girls that will be starting with them in September. To be honest I haven't told DD she has a choice as to whether to do them or not as I know she won't want to do the netball and hockey! At the moment I'm more worried about getting her swimming up to standard as she's never been a confident swimmer and also getting hold of two utility bills as we do everything 'paperless'
Congratulations to all your dd's. My dd started last September and is loving it, she did all three of the sports and really enjoyed them and got to know lots of the other girls. With regards to the swimming, she has never been a strong swimmer, she was assessed and does improvers swimming with quite a few others. She really enjoys the lessons, just thought I'd share so you can relax a little x
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

jojo2305 wrote:
pinkrabbit38 wrote:I think we are going to give all the p.e things a go as it gives the girls a chance to meet some of the girls that will be starting with them in September. To be honest I haven't told DD she has a choice as to whether to do them or not as I know she won't want to do the netball and hockey! At the moment I'm more worried about getting her swimming up to standard as she's never been a confident swimmer and also getting hold of two utility bills as we do everything 'paperless'
Congratulations to all your dd's. My dd started last September and is loving it, she did all three of the sports and really enjoyed them and got to know lots of the other girls. With regards to the swimming, she has never been a strong swimmer, she was assessed and does improvers swimming with quite a few others. She really enjoys the lessons, just thought I'd share so you can relax a little x
Thank you that helps, didn't want her to be the only one.x