AHS Admissions policy 2015

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bumblebeez

AHS Admissions policy 2015

Post by Bumblebeez »

The Aylesbury High School "Determined Admissions Policy 1 September 2015 - 31 August 2016" states:

"After places have been allocated, parents will be entitled to make representations to an
Independent Appeal Panel if their child has been refused admission because the school
is full. An Independent Appeal Panel hearing will not ordinarily carry out a full review of
a student’s capacity to pass the selection test as that process should take place at the
Selection Review."

Does that mean they have decided (and have the power) not to take appeals on qualification?
Etienne

Re: AHS Admissions policy 2015

Post by Etienne »

No.

Sadly, a number of the grammar schools seem to be doing this.
It's their poorly worded version of para. 3.13(b) of the Appeals Code.

For the original wording, which it would have been wiser to stick to, see D1 in the 'How to appeal' guide.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=41358" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Etienne wrote:No.

Sadly, a number of the grammar schools seem to be doing this.
It's their poorly worded version of para. 3.13(b) of the Appeals Code.

For the original wording, which it would have been wiser to stick to, see D1 in the 'How to appeal' guide.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=41358" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My concern is unless people really read the How to appeal guide in detail this sort of comment from the grammar school may put people off from appealing, believing that the review is the final decision (that may be their plan of course ... save on appeals, save on money !!! ), thank goodness for this excellent site/forum :)
Heartmum x x x
ISE -DIY

Post by ISE -DIY »

Thank you for your info. Is this policy applicable for current appeals too? please let me know.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Paragraph 3.13(b) of the Appeals Code (rather than the school's re-worded version) does apply to current appeals, if parents have already been through a review.

This is fully explained in Section D of our 'How to appeal' guide:
Etienne
ISE -DIY

Post by ISE -DIY »

I live in Dunstable, but we didn't get through. We thought of appealing to GS in Bucks, the chances are very low therefore we have decided to secure a school within our catchment. One of my friends also informed that AGS, AHS, HFloyd already fully allocated.

We need to think logically! to secure a school for our child within the catchment. We believe if your child is academically capable, she/he can perform well in any schools.

All the best for others! please think before you appeal and don't lose the good school nearer to your catchment.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

ISE -DIY wrote:I live in Dunstable, but we didn't get through. We thought of appealing to GS in Bucks, the chances are very low therefore we have decided to secure a school within our catchment. One of my friends also informed that AGS, AHS, HFloyd already fully allocated.

We need to think logically! to secure a school for our child within the catchment. We believe if your child is academically capable, she/he can perform well in any schools.

All the best for others! please think before you appeal and don't lose the good school nearer to your catchment.
You can accept the offer and appeal. Yes the schools are currently full but this has happened before and spaces became available.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now