September 2015 - 11+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nervousmom

September 2015 - 11+

Post by nervousmom »

My DD will be sitting 11+ in September. It now appears certain that the Birmingham and Warwickshire consortiums have combined resulting in just one exam.

From what I understand applying will be as follows:-

- available from 12th may

- if you live in Birmingham you will apply to the Birmingham consortium, if you live in Warwickshire it will be the Warwickshire one you apply to. If you live outside either of these areas, you will apply to the consortium of your first choice school.

I also believe there will be a box/section that you can tick to ask for scores to be shared with the other consortium, I,e if you are putting schools from both consortiums on your LEA form. I also believe that, although it will be the same exam, the scores may be weighted so will be slightly different for each consortium.

So far, fairly straight forward I think.

We will be putting schools from both consortiums on our list of choices, with a Birmingham school as first choice.

However, this is where it gets complicated for us (in a few weeks I will contact both consortium offices)

Our postal address is Solihull, West Midlands, however due to a strange quirk in the boundaries, we are actually in Warwickshire and pay our Council Tax to Stratford upon Avon, so do I apply to Birmingham or Warwick. (I think it will be complicated As the last twice I was pregnant, no midwife/hospital was sure which area should be dealing with my post birth care!!)

Any additional information would be most welcome.
Jason Orange

Re: September 2015 - 11+

Post by Jason Orange »

If you pay your Council Tax to Warwickshire then they are your home LA and you will apply for a school place through Warwickshire. This should have been the case when you applied for a primary school place. I'd say you willl therefore register for the test with Warwickshire and tick the box for info to be shared.
nervousmom

Re: September 2015 - 11+

Post by nervousmom »

Yes, Warwickshire is our LA, I did think we would have to register the test with Warwickshire too.

Not sure why we have a Solihull address, I think Warwickshire sounds nicer :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now