Mock exams

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ashanil14

Mock exams

Post by ashanil14 »

Hello, my DD will be sitting 11+ this September. A friend of mine recommended me to send her practice some mock exams to give her a taster. Is it worth it? Not sure :? Help!!
NENA

Re: Mock exams

Post by NENA »

ashanil14 wrote:Hello, my DD will be sitting 11+ this September. A friend of mine recommended me to send her practice some mock exams to give her a taster. Is it worth it? Not sure :? Help!!
I can't speak for everyone else, but in my opinion they are definitely worth it, it gives the child an idea of how to solve the questions in a given time in a somewhat unfamiliar environment.

Our DD will be sitting the exam this year too and we have found that the mock tests have enabled us to identify her weaknesses in certain areas.

Let me know if you need details of centres where mock tests are carried out.........

Good luck.

NENA
ashanil14

Post by ashanil14 »

Thank you very much :) Could you let me know the centres where they are held please? Cheers!!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Which exams are you sitting in September? Probably best to post in your region. DG
oberoijasleen

Post by oberoijasleen »

My DD will also be sitting for 11+ this year. Can anyone please help with details of centres available for mock tests. I don't mind taking her to different places for the test.....

Thanks...
Jas
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Depends on the schools you are going for and the type of exams they have. NENA, I know is from Reading and targeting Berks Consortium so CEM.
ashanil14

Post by ashanil14 »

I am in Redbrigde area; my DD is aiming for Woodford County High..If anyone knows any centres close by (around Ilford) would be great!!
ShailaS

Post by ShailaS »

Hi.

I am new to the forum but saw your questions and comments about the mock 11+ tests. I agree they are a fantastic way of familiarising the child with the whole process and makes it so much easier and calmer for them on the actual exam day.

My eldest son attends Wallington County Grammar School in the London Borough of Sutton and their PTFA have introduced mock familiarisation tests this year for boys and girls who are sitting 11+ later this year. There are two papers in English and Maths. Check out their PTFA website for details.

Best of luck!
ashanil14

Post by ashanil14 »

Thank you ShailaS :) I will have a look. Cheers!!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

This is the tenth year I think of the Sutton Mocks as my dd did them six years ago and they had been running some time then. If you search on Sutton mocks you will see lots of threads about them. A cohort of three thousands and marks all published under code numbers. A dd I know had a panic in the Sutton mock A and then had another go at Sutton Mock B, did a lot better then got DAO. Latymer HBS, Habs and NLCS! DG