transport to JHGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
umapriya

transport to JHGS

Post by umapriya »

Can anyone PLEASE help me to find any coaches/private transport facilities to go to John Hampden GS from Rayners Lane/ Ickenham/Harrow ?
Guest55

Re: transport to JHGS

Post by Guest55 »

Surely you researched transport before you applied?

Not an easy journey and I would seriously consider moving.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Is it Rayners Jane, or Ickenham, or Harrow? They are some way apart. Train from West Ruislip to High Wycombe and then a bus, if there is one, or walk up the hill. Is this another of those "I really want my child to go to a Grammar school, any grammar school but I didn't think about how to get there. I suggest you move.
scary mum
Laughingmum

Post by Laughingmum »

Hi Priya
New to the 11plus forum site. Just saw your post and wondered how you got on with the transport from Harrow?

Regards

LM
khan1971

Post by khan1971 »

My son also got an admission into JHGS and looking for transport option from Northolt, Greater London. I was told by bucks council that your son can take Carousel Buses BB 11/12 from Gerrard Cross to Marlow hill school. They leave at 7.25am and arrive at 4.30pm during school term time and you can buy ticket online in August 15.
umapriya

Post by umapriya »

hi Khan
how is your son's transport? I am looking someone who can share the transport(car/van)

Regards
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Surely if you attend the new parents evening tonight, if it's not too far for you to travel, you can ask people in person at the school. You will also find out more about what you can do as a parent to support your son's new school and how you can and should all be a lot more involved than the 8.30-3.40 school day.
Maybe a move from Wembley to south bucks is going to be the better option in the long run, both for his welfare and your peace of mind.
khan1971

Post by khan1971 »

my son goes to BGS.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now