WCGS familiarisation tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
2outof3

WCGS familiarisation tests

Post by 2outof3 »

I hope I'm not breaching any advertising rules here (but I'm sure if I am the post will be taken down sharpish :lol: ) but I thought it might be useful for people on this forum to know that Wallington County Grammar will be running their own familiarisation tests this Summer. I know many people have found the tests run by Sutton Grammar to be a very useful experience, and hopefully these will be as well.

Also, apparently the tests will be free to sit for children who are currently eligible for Free School Meals. Below is an extract from the email that parents at the school were sent.

"Students in Year 5, currently eligible for Free School Meals (FSM), would be welcome to sit the familiarisation test for free. To take advantage of this parents would need to email the PTFA to find out how they might evidence this. This decision has been made to ensure that financial restrictions do not prevent any child who is of selective ability from taking the familiarisation test and boosting their confidence in demonstrating their true ability. Grammar Schools exist for all students and Wallington County Grammar School hopes to ensure social mobility by having students from all areas and all postcodes within the local area. Wealth must not be a factor which dictates which school you can attend."

I am not involved in any way with the organisation of the tests so can't give any information on structure etc but tests can be booked on the WCGSPTFA website http://www.wcgsptfa.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .
tiffinboys

Re: WCGS familiarisation tests

Post by tiffinboys »

Thank you, 3outof3. :wink:

Also very thoughtful Of WCGS for making provision of free tests for pp children. Well done.
zeinab

Post by zeinab »

Please note, only boys can sit the above mock exams
2outof3

Post by 2outof3 »

Zeinab, the familiarisation tests are available for both boys and girls. Why do you think that only boys can sit them :? ?
zeinab

Post by zeinab »

Good morning 2outof3. Just phoned WCGS and asked at their office and the lady there said, the mocks are only for boys. Possibly tho, she may be mistaken or she may have thought I was taling about the actual exam held in Sept. :)
2outof3

Post by 2outof3 »

Thanks Zeinab. The receptionist is unfortunately mistaken. The information on the website clearly states that the tests are for sons and daughters and it would be very strange of WCGS to remove 50% of its potential client base with one fell swoop :(

The tests are being organised by the PTA and not by the school itself (as per the Sutton Grammar tests) so it seems as if there has been some misunderstanding on behalf of the person you spoke to.

Very efficient of you for checking up so quickly though :D
zeinab

Post by zeinab »

Many thanks for the info 2outof3. Does the above link take me to their website ? If so thanks a million. Off to work now so speak to you later x
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

How brilliant that the WCGS PTA have made a move to help those receiving free school meals. I hope this is publicised to primary heads locally so that parents can be made aware.
Well done to WCGS.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now