Is there thread with children taking 11+ in 2015 yet?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SouthWiltsGrammer

Is there thread with children taking 11+ in 2015 yet?

Post by SouthWiltsGrammer »

Just wanted to get chatting to some other parents who's children are in summer term of Year Four now. :D

We've started off by going through the IPS Eleven Plus Secondary School Selection Starter Series Verbal reasoning with the IPS Verbal reasoning method and technique book. Not sure what to go onto next! I'm thinking about finding a workbook to consolidate whats she has been learning in Maths in Year Four. :?:

We usually do about 20 minutes directly after breakfast together but this mornings session was longer as she was struggling with Type C (code/alphabet) she was getting confused between going forwards or backwards! :?

Any suggestions welcome!
hornetgirl

Re: Is there thread with children taking 11+ in 2015 yet?

Post by hornetgirl »

Not yet! But my DS is taking 11+ this Sept and I am already a mess! Let's get this thread going :o
SouthWiltsGrammer

Hello! So nice to see someone with a DC taking the 11 + this year. This board has seemed super quiet!
theonly1

Post by theonly1 »

Hi, I have a DS doing 11+ this Sept and sometimes I just feel confused. Did this 2 years agoad never thought I could be panicky the second time round. I am taking a hybrid approach, combining GL Assessment, CGP, Bond, Letts etc.
SouthWiltsGrammer

Hello theonly1 my DC has a tutor who sets the homework each week. There is a combination of English/Maths/Verbal Reasoning. I can't believe how quickly the months are flying by, before we know it it will be the summer!
Twinmumdorch

Post by Twinmumdorch »

My twins want to take the 11+ in Dorset this year - September 2015. I have just received some practice papers in the post today for us to look at. Two at once is going to be a challenge but then twins always are!
hornetgirl

Post by hornetgirl »

Well the summer holidays have officially started, I am allowing my son a complete rest until Monday 27th July, then he will be doing 1 hour a day of study Monday to Friday. CEM papers and/or reading as he has two book reviews to complete for his teacher over the summer.

He is not happy about the prospect but I don't think I am asking too much. Given that the first 11+ test is in under 9 weeks and 7 of that is holidays!
thescribe

Post by thescribe »

My DS is taking the 11+ for Bournemouth School this September! :shock: :?
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Marking my place! DD is taking several tests in Sep and one in Jan. We had a tutor for about two months but ditched them as they didn't seem any good and now doing the coaching ourselves, tough when you are working full time but it seems to be working well so far, although she seems to do well we don't want things to go off the boil and need to try and work out if there is any way to deal with those off days she sometimes has. Is £120 too much to spend on test books :shock: .?