Travel to Burnham Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ugangadhar

Travel to Burnham Grammar

Post by ugangadhar »

anybody travelling to burnham grammar from hayes, southall or heston?
ToadMum

Re: Travel to Burnham Grammar

Post by ToadMum »

ugangadhar wrote:anybody travelling to burnham grammar from hayes, southall or heston?
Direct train from Hayes and Harlington?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
ugangadhar

Post by ugangadhar »

ToadMum wrote:
ugangadhar wrote:anybody travelling to burnham grammar from hayes, southall or heston?
Direct train from Hayes and Harlington?
Thanks ToadMum... I know that I was just worried and was looking into car share or coach as would a 11 year old be alright to do the travel? I know lots of kids travel by train mostly older boys but year 7s? just a little apprehensive thats all.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Plenty of 11 year olds travel on the train - it gives them independence and there will be plenty doing it. Could you go with him the first couple of days? It is a bit of a walk from the station, but lots go the same way. I went to school on the train from the age of just over 9. Only got lost once :lol: :lol:
scary mum
ugangadhar

Post by ugangadhar »

scary mum wrote:Plenty of 11 year olds travel on the train - it gives them independence and there will be plenty doing it. Could you go with him the first couple of days? It is a bit of a walk from the station, but lots go the same way. I went to school on the train from the age of just over 9. Only got lost once :lol: :lol:
:D okay.. Thats great.. I will do the school run with him for a while .. at least till he gets used to ...
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

ugangadhar wrote:
scary mum wrote:Plenty of 11 year olds travel on the train - it gives them independence and there will be plenty doing it. Could you go with him the first couple of days? It is a bit of a walk from the station, but lots go the same way. I went to school on the train from the age of just over 9. Only got lost once :lol: :lol:
:D okay.. Thats great.. I will do the school run with him for a while .. at least till he gets used to ...
You shouldn't need to do it for long - in the presence of dozens of schoolfellows, the embarrassment of having a parent tagging along will probably get to him within a week or so :lol: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
ugangadhar

Post by ugangadhar »

ToadMum wrote:
ugangadhar wrote:
You shouldn't need to do it for long - in the presence of dozens of schoolfellows, the embarrassment of having a parent tagging along will probably get to him within a week or so :lol: .
that is true. :roll: Full time working parents always have to juggle with leave and with a younger one in Primary, i still need to save leave.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now