K.E.S. Boys 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Dr_Dad

K.E.S. Boys 2015

Post by Dr_Dad »

As there are threads for Shottery and AGS I just thought in the interests of fairness there should be one for K.E.S. Congratulations to all who have had their places confirmed for Year 7 in September 2015 :D Our DS is VERY excited - as are we!

Just to note that the Headmaster of K.E.S. at the open day last June was quite emphatic that it is K.E.S. not KES - I guess I had better go along with that...

As a newbie I have found lots of useful information on these forums, the recent discussion on haircuts was both informative and at times hilarious. Several other threads on travel etc.

Waiting now for the "bumper fun pack" from K.E.S. in April and looking forward to the Introductory Evening on June 10th and the Induction Day on June 23rd. Not too sure if any of you will have seen the video, featuring Michael Wood, on Shakespeare's Schoolroom - worth watching: https://vimeo.com/88430116

Happy days !
Warks mum

Re: K.E.S. Boys 2015

Post by Warks mum »

The only time it's K.E.S. is at official school events when the Head is present... In all other circumstances it's KES :roll:

Congratulations to all those going there in September! We'll have moved on to other things by then, though whether I'll be able to wean myself off the forum is another matter...
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

It always has been KES, and always will be! And it's quite amusing to hear some of the staff trip over themselves having to say K.E.S. :lol:

Welcome Dr_Dad and your DS - exciting times! Ask away if you have any questions - as you've probably gathered there are a few of us here with DSs in year 7 and we definitely try not to take things too seriously :)

JD
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

One way to pique your son's interest further, before the formal inductions, is the Shakespeare Birthday Parade on Sat April 25th this year - the whole school leads the parade through Stratford, clutching small posies of flowers that they then lay on Shakespeare's grave. Dignitaries from around the world follow the KES boys (def KES not K.E.S....!!!) Afterwards the Schoolroom will be open for tours, lead by the boys, raising funds for sport at the school - a great way to see the school again and ask any questions your ds may have (and fund raise for his future school!!)
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Yeah, DS is really looking forward to parading through Stratford with a bunch of dafs :lol: :lol: :lol:

JD
Dr_Dad

Post by Dr_Dad »

Thank you all for the clarification of the correct form of name for the school - KES is is then ! (Apart from when around the Headmaster :oops: ). And definately NOT Hogwarts :lol:

The birthday parade, and visit to the Schoolroom is a real top-tip, thank you!

JD, I am sure DS will relish the prospect of carrying flowers through the streets of Stratford upon Avon :twisted:
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

"a bunch of daffs"...is that what your DS calls his classmates, then, JD? :wink: :wink:
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

kenyancowgirl wrote:"a bunch of daffs"...is that what your DS calls his classmates, then, JD? :wink: :wink:
:lol:
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Another here with boy in year 7 and definitely KES here too, whatever the headmaster says! And we do sometimes call it Hogwarts too! Expect the formality and feel of a public school, much like the one just down the a46 a bit. And that's a compliment, we happen to love it's old fashioned formality, and other than the odd gripe, we are extremely pleased with it so far.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

And - so sorry - welcome Dr Dad and Dr Dad junior!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now