independent school entrance exam

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

soupastar

independent school entrance exam

Post by soupastar »

Hi there

I have a quick question which someone may have experienced.

We are on holiday over xmas and one of the schools I am looking at for my daughter has its entrance exam on the 5th January. We do not return from holiday until the 5th but in the evening.

Do you know if schools would be flexible and allow the exam to be taken a day or two later? Or is this set in stone?

Any advice appreciated
Bazelle

Re: independent school entrance exam

Post by Bazelle »

Most schools have alternate days, some are more flexible than others, it is worth contacting the school to find out. I found that dealing with some schools was most pleasant while others were arrogant. It did influence our decision when we received DS offers.
Daogroupie

Re: independent school entrance exam

Post by Daogroupie »

It depends how sought after the school is. Their attitude may well be that you can't have been that keen on the school if you booked a holiday that clashes with their exam.

Some of them do not even allow exam clashes let alone holidays. They do not need to do extra work for a single applicant when they have hundreds to choose from. Many start marking as soon as the exam finishes.

They hold all the cards so contact them now as you may need to discount them if they will not offer you an alternative date, DG