Which papers on which days?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SCA

Which papers on which days?

Post by SCA »

Can anyone let me know which papers the children in East Kent, Thanet, will be sitting on Tuesday and which ones they will take on Wednesday? Thank you.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

from teh info I got from Clover House it was
vr and nvr on first day

maths and teh writing on teh second
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Yoyo is correct: I have checked the Kent Admission Booklet and it says 8th Jan VR and NVR then 9th Jan Maths/Writing.
SCA

Writing test

Post by SCA »

Thank you for responding. Could you tell me what the writing part of the test involves as I was under the impression that English was not going to make up part of the test in Kent.
Is it the writing part that is outlined on a thread below i.e. that which is only assessed for boderline cases? Are there practice papers available for the written part? Thanks again.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

it is just a "piece of writing" usually a story.

It is only looked at if the headteacher appeals
SCA

Thanks

Post by SCA »

Thanks for the prompt response, yoyo. Do you know how much time the children get to produce their piece of writing? Is it 50 minutes as in the other 3 papers?
It has been really useful having you guys and gals around over the past few months. Keep up the good work!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

sorry I don't know how long they have, from what I have gathered it's fairly low key though...

at this stage loads of praise , encouragement and a promise of a treat when it's all over will work wonders!

I always remeber what my mum said to me ..if you do as well as you can then I will be proud of you
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now