11+ Exam Paper Identity Procedures

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
concernedOne

11+ Exam Paper Identity Procedures

Post by concernedOne »

Hi,

I have been trying to find-out about the mechanics of how the exam authorities keep track of whose paper is whose. I am unable to find any info on the web. So, eg. are the exam papers individualised by the authorities with the name of each child printed on the front of his/her exam paper?, Or does the child write his/her name at the top of the paper in the traditional way? Also, what kind of ID checks are made on the day of the exam? Also, how can one be sure that one's child's reported standardised score is really the score of the named child, as opposed, e.g., to the theoretical possibility that the authorities have mixed-up two candidates? Can anyone point me to a description of the relevant procedures (or any of them)? In case it depends on the exam authority, I am specifically interested in Warwickshire (which is a CEM exam). Thanks.
loobylou

Re: 11+ Exam Paper Identity Procedures

Post by loobylou »

In all the tests my dd had she had a specific number which we were sent prior to the exam. She had to take the piece of paper with the number on it to the exam. I presume she was then linked to a paper with that number on it. I don't think she had to put her name on it.
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

DD had to take a copy of the email with the exam details, a completed details form which had a passport photo attached. When she signed in they checked the details against the list which had a specific id number for her which corresponded to her paper.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

DS sat in Warks. His application form with the counter-signed photo was on his allocated desk, and his exam booklet had his name pre-printed on the front of it so he knew it was his.

JD
Jason Orange

Post by Jason Orange »

Warwickshire papers have a pre-printed label and students also write their name on the booklet. No real chance of a mix-up. Any reason you're concerned?
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

When my daughter sat the Sutton SET test she had to take a candidate number in. She was then shown to a desk which had a copy of her photo and candidate number stuck on it. The SET test answer papers were pre marked with the candidate number.
Personally I think it's important to trust that the school will get the rest of it right because there isn't really anything else you can do.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now