Kendrick uniform

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tinkers

Kendrick uniform

Post by Tinkers »

I've just had an email from Kendrick about school uniform (including PE kit).

From April 20th it will be also available from Stevensons in Reading as well as Hawkinsport in Bourne End.

(And all I can is say is about time too, seems daft to have to buy uniform for a school from a shop in a completely different county :roll: )
ToadMum

Re: Kendrick uniform

Post by ToadMum »

Tinkers wrote:I've just had an email from Kendrick about school uniform (including PE kit).

From April 20th it will be also available from Stevensons in Reading as well as Hawkinsport in Bourne End.

(And all I can is say is about time too, seems daft to have to buy uniform for a school from a shop in a completely different county :roll: )
The uniform shop for Colchester County High School for Girls is in Ipswich. Not an enormous distance but still in the next county (and Colchester isn't exactly a village, plus there are quite a few schools there; I don't know which suppliers the others use).

Here in the borough of Southend on Sea, two of the grammar schools are each the only suppliers of their school-specific items. The other two (DS1 and DD are at one and DS2 at the other) both use a supplier in a neighbouring town. DS2's school also uses a local school / workwear shop, but the alternatives for the other are based in Hertfordshire and Walthamstow, respectively...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
BlueSmarties

Post by BlueSmarties »

I'm sure there'll be people thankful for the heads up.... But more importantly, do you know what colour thread for the embroidery is required for this year's incoming year 7s? :D
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Not a clue about this year's colour. Current year 8 is dark green, so it won't be that.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

Thank you for starting this thread. In a couple of months time we will need to look into all these details.I usually buy the top and trousers from M&S or John Lewis and just the bits with school logo from the uniform shops.
I saw Kendrick uniform is black trouser/skirt, white top and Red Jumper. Currently my DD uses polo shirts(100% cotton) as most of the blouses are a mix of cotton/polyester and her skin cannot handle polyester well. Hope I find 100% cotton blouses.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Kendrick is black trousers or grey skirt. Any white shirt will be fine as long as it has a revere collar - long, short or mid length sleeves
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

JL revere collar shirts are polyester cotton mix. (One of DDs shirts, was to hand so checked :lol: )

Revere collar shirts aren't that easy to find, M&S didn't do them a couple of years ago, but do now. No idea if they are cotton or not, but the trend seems to be for non iron, (not true either) and that usually means not 100% cotton.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

DD's are from Tesco but again poly cotton. 2 for a fiver was a bargain though :)
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

The schoolwear supplier for DD's school which we can actually visit sells David Luke revere collar blouses which are polycotton without stretch and seem quite cool. Material-wise, I mean - not sure school blouses could ever be described thus. Looking at the DL website, Stevenson's is one of their suppliers. The blouses are also relatively easy to iron and the collar is sort of 'permapress'.

(Perversely, DD prefers the slightly stretchy Trutex ones which must have been supplied originally by the Walthamstow supplier which seems gradually to be going out of business as they are only to be had second hand. I am fast turning into the Amy Sedaris of Southend, only my 'laundry expertise' is in the field of reviving grey, deodorant-encrusted white blouses rather than the use of long-lasting scented balls in every wash :lol: ).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
rainbowcarousel

Post by rainbowcarousel »

Tinkers wrote:I've just had an email from Kendrick about school uniform (including PE kit).
Tinkers - did you request this information? We have not received any communication from them by email... Thanks
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now