Transfer to Medway Grammar from Kent grammar later on?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kentmedwayborder

Transfer to Medway Grammar from Kent grammar later on?

Post by kentmedwayborder »

Hi
Does anyone know if this is possible........if my daughter passes kent test in January and gets a Kent Grammar, is it possible to transfer to a medway grammar later on ? My son says kids quite often transfer in during year if there are places.

I am asking because we will be moving to medway as soon as my house sale goes through. Although if circumstances change that may not be until she is in year 8?

She did fail the medway test but I am hopeful for kent test.

thanks
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Hi Kentmedwayborder, I have PM'd you.

MM
Headache

Post by Headache »

Hi I have a similar problem, my daughter didnt pass medway and is taking kent test next week. Good luck! We live in between but location of medway schools easier. Let me know how you get on.
kentmedwayborder

Hi headache

ditto, although we are in kent, medway schools are much closer and much more convenient as my son attends medway and I work in a Medway school, we also will be moving there as soon as I sell my house but obviously that wont be taken into account for our only none Grammar choice of Rainham Girls.... they have a catchment area and are heavily oversubscribed apparently. We did not put the none Grammar kent on our form as she hated it !
fingers crossed ***

Best of luck to you too, keep in touch
Headache

Post by Headache »

Thankyou kentmedway border, I will keep you up to date. Will be gladj when next week is over. Happy new Year. :D
Anne42

Rainham Girls

Post by Anne42 »

Rainham Girls has quite a large catchment area , i know of Girls who live in Rock Ave in Gillingham , who go there . We are right on the Medway/Kent border in Rainham , so once you get to Otterhamquay Lane , it comes under Kent , so you might be lucky ......thats if your daughter doesn't get to Grammar.
kentmedwayborder

Thank you Anne

we are further than otterham key lane so are in Kent, I hope she will be considered for Rainham Girls but seems unlikely.....

....home schooling anyone??!!

Happy New Year to you all
Anne42

Post by Anne42 »

When i went there , i left in 1982 , so it was a while ago , they ran free buses form Upchurch , Lower Halstow etc , the free buses are long gone , but as they have a larger intake now you may be lucky .
I shall have to ask oldest daughter if she knows of anyone , that lives in that direction .
kentmedwayborder

Thank you Anne