Sport at St Olaves

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Crescent

Sport at St Olaves

Post by Crescent »

Hi all,

We are torn between a couple of schools as our first choice and one of the things that may be a tie-breaker is sport. The other school we're looking at "isn't a rugby school" but also seems to have an inordinate amount of badminton and table-tennis going on.

Does anyone with intimate knowledge of St Olaves have any information on which sports are actively pursued in year 7/8 and what additional opportunities there are to participate? The websites don't carry much info on this sort of thing and when we went to the Open Day last year it's not something we were too interested in.

Thanks so much.
parent2013

Re: Sport at St Olaves

Post by parent2013 »

There's not much info on website but there are loads of clubs in lunch time and after school. You may pay a quick visit to school reception to get more info. I think most of the details are for internal students only. The sports pursued are - Football, Cricket, Rugby, Table Tennis, Badminton, Chess, Hockey, Basketball, Squash and Netball.
robofish

Post by robofish »

My son has been playing rugby, rugby, then more rugby since joining in September of last year. Plus bits of: x-Country Running, Lacrosse, Fives, Squash, TableTennis & Badminton. Plus gymnastics.

There are winter cricket nets (indoors) and after Easter that will be the main sport. I don't believe there has been much opportunity for football, and my son does miss that. But the rugby compensates.
robinia

Post by robinia »

Yup rugby and more rugby. And Eton fives, cross country, badminton.
Cricket hardly any in the curriculum. Son in year 8 doesn't have to do it and maybe played four times in year 7.
Football - only in break times!
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

At the Open Day yesterday, I'm sure the Headteacher said they were going to be introducing Football into the sports curriculum.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now