General Knowledge questions

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ed's mum

General Knowledge questions

Post by Ed's mum »

Does anyone know a good website that would have general knowledge questions for children? The reason I say website, rather than book, is that I am assuming a website would be more up-to-date. I thought that some gentle general knowledge 'fun' might be good in the run up to interviews for independent schools...
Many thanks in advance my forum friends. :P
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I just googled general knowledge and there are loads of sites..

this one looks ok

http://www.durham.gov.uk/kids/usp.nsf/p ... ledge+Quiz
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I did actually find that one but it has not really got enough questions. I suppose I could make my own up...things like capital cities and name of PM etc. I was just trying to create less work for myself!!
Thanks Yoyo :)
SunlampVexesEel

Re: General Knowledge questions

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

Ed's mum wrote:Might be good in the run up to interviews for independent schools...
Daily Telegraph, Financial Times, Economist, New Scientist, Time Magazine, Nature, ... these are all essential reading for today's 10 year old.

:wink:

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
Hilda

Post by Hilda »

First News (weekly newspaper) and the National Geographic "comic" for children are all good sources of up to date general knowledge and current affairs.

Hilda
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

I find First News kids paper brilliant for all sorts of interesting,informative stuff,my daughter has an aversion to reading,so I just left it laying around ...and hey presto! she'd tell me things that she'd found out about.Although she's taken her tests, she still dips into it all the time,and doesn't feel that she is being "pushed" into reading!