Waiting List

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
miltonkeynes

Waiting List

Post by miltonkeynes »

Has anyone put DC's child down on a waiting list? if so do you know if you are usually allocated a place before the appeals procedure?
wilmslowmum

Re: Waiting List

Post by wilmslowmum »

Hi Miltonkeynes, my friend who doesnt have access to the forum has her DS on St Ambrose waiting list, she still doesnt know what is happening they told her they would let her know early this week which hasn't happened. They did say it is at the discretion of the headmaster whether they offer places off the list or go to appeal. i dont know your situation as i thought i had read you have a place. Two years ago places were offered then taken off people because they messed up the criteria!!! Dreadful situation, they did go onto win the appeal along with many others that year. I hope you are not in this position.
wilmslowmum

Post by wilmslowmum »

My friends DS has been offered a place off the waiting list at St Ambrose today. Much relief for the family as now the brothers can go to school together. He was 2nd on the list
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

This is a state school, is it not? Surely if the school has places and there are qualified candidates on the waiting list, it can't hold back places because it thinks there will be successful appeals. Those who are successful at oversubscription appeal must be admitted to the school even if the school then goes over PAN. Nothing to do with the discretion of the HT.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
miltonkeynes

Post by miltonkeynes »

This is St Ambrose dontchaknow!! we opted for an alternative because it just sounded like it was at the discretion of the governors and we figured that we probably didn't stand a chance, even though DS had passed. DS is very happy as all his mates are going to SGS as well so it has turned out for the best.
Good luck to anyone on the waiting list or who is appealing.
wigwam12

Post by wigwam12 »

miltonkeynes wrote:Has anyone put DC's child down on a waiting list? if so do you know if you are usually allocated a place before the appeals procedure?
I stayed on the waiting list for AGGS and maintain polite dialogue throughout. Didn't appeal.
Got a very very late place
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now