Second round allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bromley22

Second round allocations

Post by Bromley22 »

I have heard that Bexley council are posting out second round places today. These are being sent 2nd class. Do you think they would be able to tell us verbally if I call? Seems such a long wait.
PettswoodFiona

Re: Second round allocations

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I feel your pain as may be in this position next year but posting this question at past 9pm on the Thursday before Easter I suspect there will be very little difference in second class post sent today which is likely to arrive on Tuesday morning, or calling them up when back in their offices on Tuesday. Hope you get the news you are wishing for.
Bromley22

Post by Bromley22 »

Thank you - I actually posted yesterday morning!! Bexley couldn't tell me as I'm a Bromley resident (although I'm sure they would have known!). Praps Bexley residents were told - I will just have to wait to hear from Bromley admissions however they are really hard to contact as only open from 2-5pm
MerlinFromCamelot

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

I don't think Bexley would have told residents thb. A few years ago parents at our primary did not get their letter because it was snowing and there had been no mail for days. (This was before the online system). Still the council said they would not give info over the phone and the only way to find out was to go to Hillview with proof of ID. Schools were not allowed to tell parents either until 2 days after the letters were sent.

Hopefully you will get your letter on Tuesday. If not maybe the school know if you are allocated a place. In first round allocations the primary gets a list you could try that too.

Good luck to all still waiting..
Keelsoj

Post by Keelsoj »

I spoke to the admissions office at C&S today . They now have the waiting list and were able to confirm DS's position on list. Office is now closed until 13 April. Hopefully other Bexley schools will be in a position to do same. Fingers crossed
Bromley22

Post by Bromley22 »

Would you mind sharing your position and how far you are from the school keelsoj? Would be really helpful to know where we might be. Many thanks
Keelsoj

Post by Keelsoj »

DS's is 18th on list and I am 4.44 miles away from school. Lady I spoke to suggested I call back early May.
Bromley22

Post by Bromley22 »

Thank u - that is really useful as we are 4.4 too! Although not that encouraging sadly - do you know how many places usually come from waiting list or did she give you any clues? Think we may have a long wait - but good luck to your ds (& mine!) & I will let you know if we hear anything.
Keelsoj

Post by Keelsoj »

Unfortunately no clues .
Bromley22

Post by Bromley22 »

Hi having spoken to a helpful lady at Chis and Sid I have found out that we are 14th on wl. Not sure if any second round allocations have been released yet so no idea what our chances are. Would appreciate any input from parents with experience in last few years. Thx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now