Transport from Iver Heath to John Hampden

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sophia11

Transport from Iver Heath to John Hampden

Post by Sophia11 »

Are there any parents that currently live out in the Iver/Iver Heath/Denham/Richings Park area? My son has been allocated a place at John Hampden and whilst I am aware they offer a bus from New Denham/Denham into the school, I was wondering if any other parents use this bus and/or would be interested in organising a private mini bus to hire?
Thanks
Avik Gupta

Re: Transport from Iver Heath to John Hampden

Post by Avik Gupta »

Hi Sophia- i live in Hillingdon not far from Iver and would be willing to pool into a shared car or private hire bus for our boys. Let me know if you've received any other positive responses and we can put our heads together. Thanks.
Sophia11

Post by Sophia11 »

Hi Avik, Is your son starting this September? My son started last September and unfortunately I had no responses. However my son has been taking the A40 bus which leaves from Uxbridge via Denham to High Wycombe. I have to say it is very reliable and although it takes just over an hour to get there, there are a few boys that get on the bus along the route. My son has never had any issues either.
As there is such a small number of boys (only 3) the cost of the private hire bus is so expensive and possibly in the region of £300 each per month, if not more. I would say that most of the boys that do get on this bus are quite happy so probably wouldn't want to get a private bus. I will be at the induction evening next week serving refreshments if you are going and want to talk further.
Avik Gupta

Post by Avik Gupta »

Sophia- many thanks. I will definitely look for you at the induction day. Yes, we will be relying on the A40 as well. Thank you for coming back to me.
MumX3

Post by MumX3 »

Hi, I wish I had read this post before the induction day as I could have said Hi! My son will be starting JHGS in September and will be traveling on the A40 bus from Uxbridge. Good to know its reliable as he will be getting bus there and back daily and comforting to know some other JHGS boys on the same journey. Can I ask about the bus pass for the A40 and where (if you already have) was this issued please as want to ensure I have this ready for Sep. Thanks.
Avik Gupta

Post by Avik Gupta »

Hello MumX3- you need to get the bus pass on the bus in cash it is £67.50 for a monthly pass. I would suggest get one on the morning of the 4th of Sep which i will be doing as well. They dont issue advance passes which is a shame which is why you need to get one on the day.
khan1971

Post by khan1971 »

Hi all

How your children are going to JHGS as I heard A40 no more going to Marlow Hill schools.
my son offered admission at JHGS and we live in Greenford/Northolt. My question is from affected parents.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/A40_740.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
Hasan32

Post by Hasan32 »

Hi, My DS will attend RGSHW from this Sept. I've applied for the council bus service which will be boarding from New Denham. If there any problem with bus service, probably I'll join with you for the mini bus share.
khan1971

Post by khan1971 »

To Hasan32

which mini bus you are talking about. There is no service from New Denham to RGSHW.

Try this link as they completely change the route.

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/education/sch ... bus-stops/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now