Allocation of tutor forms Y7 BHS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Dollydripmat

Allocation of tutor forms Y7 BHS

Post by Dollydripmat »

I'm interested how they allocate tutor forms in Y7 as some schools I expect will have quite a few attending (BHS) from one school ( indie prep's) . At DD's school we only have four. It would be nice to have a familiar face in their class. I'm interested to hear from existing parents how their children have got on in a similar situation. Dollyxxxx
Booklady

Re: Allocation of tutor forms Y7 BHS

Post by Booklady »

Dollydripmat wrote:I'm interested how they allocate tutor forms in Y7 as some schools I expect will have quite a few attending (BHS) from one school ( indie prep's) . At DD's school we only have four. It would be nice to have a familiar face in their class. I'm interested to hear from existing parents how their children have got on in a similar situation. Dollyxxxx
My older DD is in Y10 now.
When they started, if there were 3 or less from one school they were placed together in their form (unless you contacted them to say otherwise). With 4 or more they put them separately - so no more than 3 from one school in one form.

They also had a couple of get togethers over the summer for children from schools where there were only a couple of kids, or even just one.

HTH! :)
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

Thanks booklady, that's really helpful , dollyxxxx
Jules7

Post by Jules7 »

My DD is also in Y10 so experienced the same as Booklady explained. Each class is taught together for all subjects except they later stream for maths. I don't know if the system had changed since then.

They also have 5 different houses based on tree names. The houses compete at Sports Day, Pantomimes etc. DD2 will be starting the school in September and DD1 tells me siblings aren't placed in the same house (not sure how she knows this, maybe it's wishful thinking...). There are 3 going to BHS from DD2's state school this year. Fortunately DD2 would be happy to be in the same class as them.

The school also change the forms about in Y9 (which I think was a good thing).
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

Thanks Jules that's really helpful. As we have 4 going from DD's state school I suspect they will split them?? My DD would really like to be with her best friend , I suspect this probably isn't feasible. Dollyxxxx
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

We visit as many feeders as we can; I expect most Bucks GS do the same. We do ask this sort of question and check who shoudn't be together ...
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

Thanks G55 that's good to know, maybe there is a chance they might be together. Dollyxxxx
justkeepmoving

Post by justkeepmoving »

My DD now in year 9. Slightly different experience. The 5 from her primary were separated apart from 2 which we were told is normal practice. No problem for DD. Although still friends with them, all her 'Besties' are girls she has met since joining BHS.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now