Transport from Solihull to King edwards Camphill

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Muma

Transport from Solihull to King edwards Camphill

Post by Muma »

What are the transport options from Solihull to King Edward CampHill??
Theres
Green bus
Public bus no 76.
How is the transport system for the above ?
Or are there some other options too.
Please kindly help :)
Thank you
mum1115

Re: Transport from Solihull to King edwards Camphill

Post by mum1115 »

I'd be interested to learn how many children to chb/chg get on the No76 from solihull.
Another option is a 37 to Acocks green and another bus from there to cgb / chg.
Alot of people tell me loads get on the bus to chb at acocks green.
To start with atleast I'm not sure about a bus change, I'd rather my kiddo just got on the 1 bus.
I'm hoping there might be a group travelling say on the 76 and maybe the older ones would help out to start with and make sure younger ones got off the right stop :D
Muma

Post by Muma »

Bus 76 does not have a bus change.i think its has various stops and drops at kings heath park which is right beside CHB/CHG
solimum

Post by solimum »

When my DS was at the sixth form he used to get the train from Dorridge to Solihull and then the 76 - think there were quite a lot on it.
Coming home it seemed to work better to get the 50 up the Alcester Rd to Moor St and then the train back - the timings worked better
um

Post by um »

I see loads of children waiting for the 76 bus near Camp Hill after school (to go in both the Solihull and the Uni directions). Quite a lot of CH pupils use that route from Solihull and through Hall Green and Kings Heath.

The 76 is not as frequent as the 11 though.
I think some children get on the 11 and then change for the 6 at South Birmingham college - to go either one way towards Solihull or the other towards Sparkbrook.

My sons' friends who live more on the Olton/Silhill side seem to get the 11 to Acocks Green then change for a bus going towards Solihull via Warwick Road. I have seen CH children waiting at the bus stop in Acocks Green to do this.
Smudger

Post by Smudger »

The 76 can get very busy. A lot of CH kids favour the 11 that goes past Fox Hollies / School Rd in Hall Green around 7:30. Its occupants are mostly CH. Later 11's get very busy.
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

Green bus is another option, reliable record on this route is impeccable
DenDe

Post by DenDe »

Mine go on the 76. It runs about every 15 mins and is always full of CH students.
rah_b92

Post by rah_b92 »

I think we're planning on the Green Bus for next year (year 7) but would intend to move towards the 76 or equivalent over time. We're in the Elmdon Heath area so obviously DS would need to change in Solihull town centre if taking the 76, whereas the Green Bus stops directly opposite our house.

What would have been awfully convenient for us is the old "Travel Your Bus" 6y route :) (Airport to Northfield via all manner of places in between), the cental portion of which eventually morphed into the 76. No doubt having the end portions of the route as separate services now is better for timekeeping.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

sbarnes wrote:Green bus is another option, reliable record on this route is impeccable
I wouldn't put it as impeccable- in fact over the last 12 months there's been numerous occasions of breakdowns, running late, tracker not working, poor communication etc.
Horses for courses I suppose.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now