Sutton Mocks is now sold out. Does anyone have a spare slot

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Daogroupie

Sutton Mocks is now sold out. Does anyone have a spare slot

Post by Daogroupie »

If you booked a slot you can no longer use please pm me. Thanks DG
mocks

Re: Sutton Mocks is now sold out. Does anyone have a spare

Post by mocks »

Thank you to all those who have booked one of our test sessions which are now full.

Last year we had a small number of people who gave their sessions to a friend. Unfortunately doing this without notifying us causes problems.

1. For health and safety reasons, we need to know who is in our exam hall and have documentation on any medical or other issues on file, just in case of an emergency.

2. We pre-print answer sheets with your child's name, gender and candidate number on and at the start of the tests, we ask children to check that the details on their form are correct. This is an important admin check to ensure that when we publish the exam results, the correct marks are allocated to the correct child's candidate number. It is very disturbing for a child to be in an exam hall with over 160 other children and have to put up their hand to say that their name is not on the sheet in front of them. This also delays the exam start time while we sort out the issue.

If for some reason your child is unable to attend their session and you want to gift your space to a friend, this is possible but needs to be done centrally through us by emailing us at ptamocktests@btinternet.com
We are happy to change A test details up until 28th April and B test details up until 25th May for a £5 admin fee. After that time, we are unable to accept further changes, as the pre-printed forms will be printed and the candidate lists created.

SGSPTA
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

This is great that you are offering this service. Lots of parents have things that emerge between January and April that mean they can no longer go ahead with the slot.

Would you consider offering a service post 28th April for those who have things come up at the last minute for the Session A May slots?

Would you be able to just manually cross out the name and leave the candidate number as it once the sheets have been printed?

It is a shame to have empty seats when so many more students could benefit from your excellent service. DG
J50

Post by J50 »

I know 3 people that sound like they are unlikely to use their slots
mocks

Post by mocks »

We appreciate what you are saying however as 28th April is only 3 weeks before the last A test, we feel by then parents should know the dates of important events e.g. school trips, music exams that might clash.
Perhaps you could clarify what events were you anticipating?
Unfortunately it is not just a matter of crossing a Childs name out in one place, as you Can imagine organising nearly 3000 places and 6000 tests requires very comprehensive Controls to insure we maintain our high standards and it all runs smoothly on the day.
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

I got diagnosed with cancer and was in hospital within 3 weeks last year, meaning my daughters could not sit several exams, never mind mocks, we had been planning. It was very distressing for all concerned.

Lucky to still be here to tell the tale!

That's the sort of thing that can happen at short notice, unfortunately.
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

I'm with the SGPTA on this one ( and I don't have a child in the school). It is important that they know who is in the exam hall in case of any unforeseen events. Allowing people to change arrangements up to 3 weeks before the day seems very generous to me.
Of course life events will get in the way for a handful of people but that will always be the case.
Unless I'm mistaken these exams are run by volunteers. The whole event was fantastically run when my two sat them and the results provided really useful information.
A lot of schools both indie and grammar that we sat after these mocks could learn a lot from the SGPTA in my opinion.
mocks

Post by mocks »

Thank You moon unit for your kind comments
We really do try and accommodate everyone . But as pointed out, we have to prioritise the safety and smooth running for all.

J50 if they already know they cannot use their slot please encourage them to email me and I will cancel it for a £5.00 admin fee and someone else can use it.They are well within the deadline.

Silversea I am sorry to hear you had cancer. I know personally how difficult it is . Assuming no one else was going to bring your children though, changing your date presumably would not have helped in that three weeks. If a child has exceptional,proven, circumstances we do have limited arrangements to sit them on a different date and we look at these on a case to case basis.
Naz2881

Post by Naz2881 »

I also need a slot ... how will I know if there are any available spaces?
olguis

Post by olguis »

I understand the difficulty of running the mocks, but there are unpreforeseen work commitments that can arise and then if you don't have family around, you've lost. I would love to be able to swap my May date with June, but I learned that I can't be in the country on a Saturday of the May mocks too late, and I have to take my son with me where I'll be travelling as I am a sole parent. TBH also I don't think many people losing money they already paid will pay an extra 5 pounds to cancel.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now