Open evening 30th April Kendrick and Reading

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tinkers

Open evening 30th April Kendrick and Reading

Post by Tinkers »

Reminder to those thinking about Kendrick or Reading schools the Open Evenings are tomorrow (30th April).

Thankfully it wasn't yesterday, M4 closed as some of you will have heard, causing traffic chaos in Reading.

My DD will be helping with the Kendrick evening, probably in the ICT room. Warning for those going, it gets very, very busy.

(Obviously I have no knowledge about what goes on at Reading, but guess it's similar.)
rainbowcarousel

Re: Open evening 30th April Kendrick and Reading

Post by rainbowcarousel »

We went last night, it was fantastic and we are so pleased - DD especially - that she is starting there in September :D She was particularly impressed by the enthusiasm for all subjects (not just the academic ones) and the pride that the girls have in their school.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

We went to the open evening as well. We didn't do the head teacher's talk but we went around and saw every single area. DD was very impressed wight he arts, textiles and product design departments. She also liked the presentation in the RE room. She liked meeting the classics teacher and is looking forward to learn Latin. As usual the science labs area a big attraction but before we went we told DD that she could spend no more than 15 mins otherwise we can't complete our tour. The girl in he sports hall was very helpful and encouraging.
We went very early so it wasn't that busy. Our guide was a lively year 7 girl who was very friendly, articulate and confident. She had a good chat with DD and is looking forward to see DD in September. DD was very happy to have a look at all the departments and is eagerly waiting to start. She is happy and proud of her school choice which made us feel happy.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

Forgot to ask, how is the ethnic mix? Not intending to spark any debate here just an honest, innocent question.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Very mixed. :D
And nobody seems to notice or care either. I didn't notice until it was
pointed out to me.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

I agree. My DD's class has contributions from Egypt, Poland, Japan, India, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, China, UK, North Africa, Netherlands and America that I can think of. I am sure there are more
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Tinkers wrote:Very mixed.
Definitely 8)
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

Thanks Tinkers, Reading Mum and sonasona.