11th Birthday party Ideas

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

berks_mum

11th Birthday party Ideas

Post by berks_mum »

DD will turn 11 in summer but I have decided to have her party after the SATS week. I am expecting at least 15 - 20 girls. I do not want to do anything at home. Any ideas ?
Amber

Re: 11th Birthday party Ideas

Post by Amber »

berks_mum wrote:I am expecting at least 15 - 20 girls. I do not want to do anything at home.
I think that goes without saying! I wouldn't either.

If there is a berks_dad or a berks_sibling on the scene I would hand it over and go away for the weekend to somewhere with no phone signal. Otherwise I have nothing useful to say other than I wish you the very best of luck. :)
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

For dd's 11th birthday she had a joint party with a friend at a local swimming pool. Other 11th birthdays I recall were roller skating, ice skating, canoeing, LUSH party...
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Once I'd have wrenched myself away from Ambers idea, which is exceedingly tempting!, I would say that for us, having sons but not much different for girls, I'd be looking for something which involves running around!
Do you have an adventure playground anywhere near? A national trust or somewhere where they could 'go feral' for the afternoon? Or a tennis party at your local club?
Otherwise, if exercise not an issue or desired how about a cupcake party, lots of places springing up, just like those paint your own pottery places only cake.
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

I know you mentioned you didn't want to to it at home , however my daughter has just been to a lovely party at home (around 15 girls). The mum had got in some fruit juices, umbrellas etc for them to make and experiment making mocktails, they also did t shirt decorating (a souvenir for last year together ) she got the shirts cheaply from primark and some fabric pens. For tea they did pizza making. My daughter loved it.
Another option could be outward bound activity , longridge near bisham do parties. Otherwise cinema, swimming ,ice skating .It's quite tricky with quite a large number!!! Good luck *** dollyxx
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I don't have girls....so apologies in advance!!

Why not contact your local beauty salon and see if they would do a deal on a file and polish for them all, or something similar, using their trainees - not a baby "princess" party but a bit of posh up and a pizza after?
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

There's a great place near us that does grass sledging, that and tubing at the local dry ski slope have been hits here.
Stokers

Post by Stokers »

Do you have a scout campsite nearby? They will often run an activity party - archery, wall climbing, etc, with a campfire.
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

How about climbing. Universities often have climbing walls and will do climbing parties or some Cities have portable climbing walls. They have one in Oxford.
Our local Chocolate shop does chocolate making parties, there may be one that does that near you.
Or how about hiring someone to come and give a street dancing session in a village hall or community centre.
If you are anywhere near Milton Keynes there is an artificial ski slope - sledging is fun.
Cray fishing - if you have a river near with cray fish in.
Science is fun party - loads of explosions.
Or if you have a castle near you or NT property that does ghost walks or a son et lumiere?
A boat trip after dark
We did the camping thing with a few of DD's friends the year before last they loved it, played their instruments around a campfire, stayed up almost all night. cooked their own food on a fire etc.
Last year (last one of primary so last proper party) we took the whole class punting with a picnic on the river bank. It was absolutely fabulous and a lot less expensive that one would think. Only one person fell in and that was an adult who was an experienced punter :)
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Reading has a climbing centre too.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now