Waiting list movement for Watford Grammar School for Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
shilpaa

Waiting list movement for Watford Grammar School for Girls

Post by shilpaa »

Hi ,

Wonder if there is any news on waiting list for Watford Grammar School for Girls.(WGSG)

I was told the second round will be at April end.

Is there any other way to check the wait list position other than calling the school?

My daughter is on wait list position number 9 after first round.(Outer Catchment)

Thanks
Mgnmum

Re: Waiting list movement for Watford Grammar School for Gir

Post by Mgnmum »

just seen from my 'timehop' on facebook that we heard 2 years ago yesterday. For some reason we didnt get the county council email the night before and I was in a panic as the person who i thought was below us on the WL was offered a place and we heard nothing, however had letter in post from school the next day. email turned up about 8 hours later although it had been sent the previous afternoon. They run the list at the end of april and then take a while to tell everyone but I think you only get info if you have been offered a place. I would ring the school but be aware today is founders day at the grammars and everyone is at church or school assembly and school shuts early. girls are not in school until 10 so best ring or email early
shilpaa

Post by shilpaa »

Just rang the school today.
Even after the second run my daughter is on position number 7 (outer catchment )
Hardly any movement at 2 nd round.
A bit disappointed
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

If you think how few places there are for outer catchment the fact that it has moved at all is good. I know that doesnt help you. You have to imagine where those 7 girls in front of you could possibly go to instead. I was amazed that we got in from 9th on the inner catchment 2 years ago as that involved 1/3 of all offered a place giving it up.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now