feeling confident

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
helsbels

feeling confident

Post by helsbels »

DD came home from school today, felt test went well. Said the NVR was easier than NFER 11A paper so is feeling quite confident that she has done well. Another early night tonight in preparation for tomorrow's papers.

Good luck everyone
denis denis

Re: feeling confident

Post by denis denis »

helsbels wrote:DD came home from school today, felt test went well. Said the NVR was easier than NFER 11A paper so is feeling quite confident that she has done well. Another early night tonight in preparation for tomorrow's papers.

Good luck everyone
Same here about the NVR - my son said it was easier than the VR and he was pleased because NVR was his weakest subject. Glad it's out of the way, he prefers the maths and english papers.

Good luck everyone!
Cass

Post by Cass »

All I got was "it was about what I expected..." Not sure if that's good or bad, but not pushing for an answer!
thehorder

Post by thehorder »

DD and friends seem to think the VR was harder than Bexley test and most of them didn't finish, DD did guess the last few luckily. NVR was a lot easier and was about the same as the Bexley Test she said. Worried about maths as this so I am told is quite hard since they changed the papers to multiple choice (last year).

Good Luck tomoroow
helsbels

Post by helsbels »

DD managed to finish the VR in time but said quite a few didn't finish and had to guess the answers to the last questions. She said it was harder than any of the practice papers she has done.
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

DS said both exams were harder than he was expecting. He finished both papers, but said he had to guess 3 questions on one section in the NVR because he was running out of time.
kent

Post by kent »

Reading these posts make me a little edgy about my DDs perfomance in her NVR!
She told me she managed to finish all the NVR sections with [u]2 MINUTES[/u] left over every section! 2 minutes maybe a slight exageration on her behalf (!!) but in doing practice papers with her at home she was regularly finishing the 6minutes sections with more than a minute to spare.
I had been telling her to slow down and take her time but seems like my advice has fallen on deaf ears.
My son last year missed out 2 or 3 q's on every section of NVR yet scored 137 so for those worrying that their child may not have done very well because they didnt answer all the q's, then please dont!!
So for my worry this year has anyones child done well in NVR despite having minutes left over?? or did anyone elses child do the same this year??!!!!
helsbels

Post by helsbels »

My daughter has always finished the NVR in plenty of time and like you we did tell her to take her time and make sure she read the question properly. She finished the NVR paper in plenty of time and felt some of the sections were quite easy.
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

. I was very upset at the time. advice - try not to worry!
kent

Post by kent »

thanks for your reply helsbels!
I know from personal experience that not answering all q's was not a worry, but didnt know how to deal with it around the other way!!

Glad to know other children that have completed it quickly have also done well!!