‘The Conservatives’ vow to sack heads for underperformance "

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
YoungSuccess

‘The Conservatives’ vow to sack heads for underperformance "

Post by YoungSuccess »

‘The Conservatives’ vow to sack heads for underperformance will have devastating consequences’ NAHT leader Russell Hobby

https://www.tes.co.uk/news/school-news/ ... ement-will" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

With the election over, we expect and prepare for "new policies" ....

What do you all this of this one?
quasimodo

Re: ‘The Conservatives’ vow to sack heads for underperforman

Post by quasimodo »

This is a sensitive topic mixing politics with teaching.There are many members of the profession who are contributors to the forum.Sometimes it is better to be silent. Many people kept there true opinions from the pollsters until they went into the voting booths. Sometimes rather than upset some contributors to the forum it is better not to express your true feelings.

As an indication of this it is better not to go down the road as to why there was much to commend in Michael Goves reforms to education.

Self censorship has much to commend it and it is better not to comment on the article.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Completely agree Quasimodo. I suspect that discussion of politics will simply cause arguments and bad feeling and histrionics on here. It shouldn't, but neither should IT with adults at a dinner party, but it does, because people feel strongly. I agree that som self controlled silence is better all around on this subject here.
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

Yamin151 wrote: I agree that som self controlled silence is better all around on this subject here
why?

I refuse to be silenced!

us Lib-Dems got a kicking for doing the right thing, but with free speech we have to accept the verdict of the People , that's democracy, long may it continue .

now I shall return to drowning my sorrows :(

life goes on , I trust the British electorate as they have shown with putting UKIP in it's place.

British people are on the whole very intelligent and we accommodate all shades of opinions without breaking into revolution or in- fighting. There are people who I absolutely disagree with but I still respect them :D but that does not mean I should remain quiet on issues that I think are important.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Bring it on I say! Sack them all! In fact sack anyone who under performs or fails or makes a mistake of any kind. No more tolerance of any kind of weakness. We have put up with mediocrity for far too long. Not just talking about education - h**l no. Doctors, nurses, social workers - sack anyone who doesn't meet the required standards! Expel children from school if they don't meet their targets! Sack train drivers if trains are late and bus drivers if buses are delayed! Let us show zero tolerance of non-excellence in all spheres of public life! And let's 'name and shame' all the sacked ones in a special column in the Daily Mail.

Together we can eradicate compassion. Mutual support could soon be a thing of the past.

Etc. Is this the response you were hoping for YS?

(Not an anti-Conservative post, anti-neoliberal - and that means pretty much all parties these days, sadly).
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

Amber, you forgot the under performing politicians! :wink:
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

They have already resigned. :wink:
Amber

Post by Amber »

RedVelvet wrote:Amber, you forgot the under performing politicians! :wink:
But who would be left to run the country?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

...The dogs?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Amber wrote:
RedVelvet wrote:Amber, you forgot the under performing politicians! :wink:
But who would be left to run the country?
We will vote you in.