Mock exam score

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nidausman1

Mock exam score

Post by nidausman1 »

Hi,

My daughter just sat for her mocks this week and scored 70% in paper 1 and 66% in paper 2. I am getting a bit worried now as she made
Mistakes in synonyms antonyms and cloze.
Daogroupie

Re: Mock exam score

Post by Daogroupie »

Hello, was this a CEM mock? As you are doing all CEM exams I suggested to you in January that you should get CEM English and Maths from the Forum shop and start doing timed papers. I said that CEM was all about timing and this was the most critical thing. Another forum member disagreed and advised you not to time and get used to to the test.

Have you been using CEM specific material? What sort of feedback has your dd given you on the mock? DG
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

If it was CEM mock, then the scores may not be bad as the raw score on CEM is usually not very high. As DG pointed out, speed and accuracy is essential.

What was the relative score i.e what was the rank among those who took this mock? What proportion of the papers were attempted? Did DC managed to attempt all the questions?
nidausman1

Post by nidausman1 »

Yes Daogroupie this was a CEM mock and she has been doing stuff suggested for CEM like CGP , first past the post etc.

Her area of weakness as i figured out has been vocabulary, she said the test was not too easy nor too hard.

On paper 1 she didnt leave out any questions and managed to finish in time. With paper 2 she said she did know the answers but ran out of time.

She is otherwise an intelligent girl, and has been working quite hard and now we seriously need to work hard on vocab.

Thankyou so much Daogroupie and tiffinbius for replying. Would love to hear for any tips.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

If she knows the answers she has to speed up. Tell her to go with her gut instinct and not muse over a question but instead come back to it. To not answer questions she knows the answer to has to trigger a change in approach. DG