For energetic prospective KES parents and offspring

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Warks mum

For energetic prospective KES parents and offspring

Post by Warks mum »

KES has just distributed an invitation to The Ultimate KES Challenge on Sunday 28 June - a fundraiser organised by the sports-section of the parents' association, SportKES.

If any prospective KES parents and/or their offspring are interested in a 2km (under 11s), 3km (12-14) or 6km (15+, including adults) obstacle course described as "a fun morning with a bit of competive spirit thrown in" then I'm happy to pass on the details by pm. The invitation also says: "This is a family and friends' event, so please spread the word and invite anyone who may be interested", hence this post.

All the best to those with the energy to take part!
kenyancowgirl

Re: For energetic prospective KES parents and offspring

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Great shout, Warksmum! You beat me to it!!!! Should be good fun and some forumites may well be there.....!! :wink:
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Having just picked DS up from athletics this afternoon, I'm thinking the Dean family may be giving this a miss :lol:

JD
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

JD...you don't have to RUN it!!!! (Just get the kids and hubster to do it - find your way to the Pavilion and indulge in lovely cake....that's what I plan to do!!!)
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Ah, now cake I can do :D

JD
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

There you go....!! That's the spirit!! xx
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

I struggle with these school social functions. I know several of you lovely people on here who I think would say you have as much 'feet of clay' as I do. But at these events I never seem to meet you, but always seem to get stuck talking to Camilla (as in a type not a particular person) who has 4 boys at KES who all got in "because in our family you just do", who's sons are in the national youth orchestra, just got selected for a youth part with david tennant in the RSC, and play cricket AND rugby for the international world under 12s. All whilst mum runs the PTA singlehandedly and represents the Murdoch family at the legal bar. It's always so hard to see these mums around the chip on my shoulder, and I'm left feeling a bit inadequate, even though I adore my darling, home loving boys and wouldnt chase them around International chess fixtures for all the tea in China!
So unless you lovely guys promise to wear a red carnation and carry a copy of "phys holiday for mothers with an inferiority complex" weekly under you arm so I can identify you, I'm afraid we probably won't go!

My sh*t right? And do I want ketchup with that chip etc etc! :lol: :roll:
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

And I love cake :shock:
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

Yamin151 - how did you know my name was Camilla? :wink:
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

Actually, DD officially finished at KES this week so I'm desperately trying to hold on to my youth by hanging around with you lot! :oops:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now