Waiting list query

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Solimum55

Waiting list query

Post by Solimum55 »

My Dd has been number 1 on CHG for a number of weeks now. I've just spoken to Foundation Office and all the places have been accepted and confirmed now. My question is what is the likelihood of any more movement from now until September bearing in mind all places have had written confirmation accepting these places?
Turtlegirl

Re: Waiting list query

Post by Turtlegirl »

If all accepted and confirmed, you'd need someone to change their mind eg because they moved house/suddenly decided they wanted to go to an independent school. And you do get some children not actually turning up at the start of term. Or dropping out after a few weeks, as happened in my daughter's form in KEVIHS. So it's not impossible but probably best not to buy the uniform...
Solimum55

Post by Solimum55 »

Thanks for your feedback Turtlegirl. Will hope for September then fingers crossed!!
Smudger

Post by Smudger »

How frustrating is that, being #1 for 3 weeks! My guess is you are certain to get offered a place before September but, as previously said, you are waiting for someone to drop out. Good luck!
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

So close! I'm finding it hard to resist phoning and we're 7th! I'd be very surprised if you don't sneak in , maybe after term starts. We know some children take the test who live elsewhere and whose families plan to move here and that must often fall through. All you can do is hang fire on uniform buying.
Solimum55

Post by Solimum55 »

Thank you all for your posts, feeling a little more positive now! let's hope there is still a little more movement left to come for those still waiting! :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now