Where to start???

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mummymoo

Where to start???

Post by mummymoo »

Hi Everyone.
I am so glad I have found this site as there is so much info. I am working towards my son sitting the Poole Grammar Test next year and I wondered if anyone could advise what material (books/papers etc) would you recommend? From what I have read on here there are different types of papers depending on the school and I am getting a bit confused!
My son has been doing some of the 10 min bond books - but I am wondering if there is any other material more suitable for the Poole Grammar test?
I understand that the NVR is no longer being tested and now it is just VR, Maths & English.

I am not planning to get a tutor but would like to help my son as much as I can myself. Has anyone done this themselves before and do you have any advice?

Thanks!
hermanmunster

Re: Where to start???

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi mummymoo

Have you had a look at the links for Poole here ? http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... et-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; the links take you to recommended materials for the schools
mummymoo

Post by mummymoo »

Thank you for your reply, that information really does help. The only thing I can't find is whether the tests are multiple choice - I'm sure they are but I know there have been some changes in the tests recently. Could anyone confirm if the Poole Grammar Test is multiple choice.
Thanks again!
str3ssed

Post by str3ssed »

Test papers are set by GL ASSESSMENT. Search for that on Amazon and you will find practice papers. There are eight for each of maths, English, VR and NVR.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now