Familiarisation paper for Kent 2015 test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mystery

Familiarisation paper for Kent 2015 test

Post by mystery »

Does anyone know when this is going to be made available? The one on the KCC website is for 2014.

How are all you September 2015 takers doing? September 2016 is feeling closer now to me but our test could be completely different as I think they have to go out to tender again for the 2016 test.
PurpleDog

Re: Familiarisation paper for Kent 2015 test

Post by PurpleDog »

I was wondering that too!

DD2 is taking in September 2015 and that is only about 16 weeks away eek! :wink:
Still feeling like we have alot of ground to make up but a little less scared having already had one daughter go through the process.
It all came together in the end for her so just hoping its the same for DD2.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Is the Kent exam now a sort of CEM-style GL one? In which case they may not change the familiarisation paper. Thinking about it, give that it is only for familiarisation, there isn't really a great need to change it each year if the format remains the same (unlike the papers themselves)?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

DD is also sitting this September. I haven't a clue when the scores finally come in if they will give us an idea of whether we can get in. Wilmington catchment I gather the distance is getting smaller each year, we are 5.9 miles. For DGSG they have changed their OOC numbers for 2016 and for Tonbridge did they have a bulge class this year?
chimera-ma

Post by chimera-ma »

Thank you, Mystery, it hadn't occurred to me to check, but I have since contacted GL Assessment direct to see if there will be a revised familiarisation paper. I received a speedy reply:
We have just produced a 2015 version but it is not on the Kent website yet. However, there are no substantial changes and the 2014 version is fully reflective of the nature of the Kent 11+. I would expect the new version to be available next week.
If people don't want to wait for the 2015 version, let me know and I'll post a link to the 2014 familiarisation booklet.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Thank you Chimera-ma. Just getting out my crystal ball for 2016!
chimera-ma

Post by chimera-ma »

You win the prize for forward planning, Mystery.
amfnc

Post by amfnc »

PettswoodFiona, just outta curiousity, what changes had DGSG made to their OOC for next year? You're right re Wilmington schools, the area is shrinking every year - they were the most popular schools this year at my DC's school, despite children having both Bexley and Kent 11 plus passes (don't think they went out as far as 5.9 miles this year).

I've heard that both the Kent and Bexley tests are changing for 2016 takers - but I have no idea what the new format will be :(
salsa

Post by salsa »

amfnc wrote:PettswoodFiona, just outta curiousity, what changes had DGSG made to their OOC for next year? You're right re Wilmington schools, the area is shrinking every year - they were the most popular schools this year at my DC's school, despite children having both Bexley and Kent 11 plus passes (don't think they went out as far as 5.9 miles this year).

I've heard that both the Kent and Bexley tests are changing for 2016 takers - but I have no idea what the new format will be :(
The Bexley exam for 2016 should be CEM as they had a three year contract which started in September 2014.
amfnc

Post by amfnc »

Salsa, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty certain that CEM took over Bexley test in 2013 (Sept 2013 being the first year under CEM - for 2014 entry), therefore aren't the 3 years are up after the 2015 test? This year's Y6 children were the second lot under the "new" test.

I could however be getting this all wrong .... A tutor friend of mine did mention that the test would be changing after this year.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now