Consortiums

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

powelly44

Consortiums

Post by powelly44 »

Hi,

My niece will be taking the 11 plus exam(s) next year, so I started looking at how best to help her prepare. I've read up a little and have discovered that the Queen Mary's schools are now classed under the Shropshire, Walsall and Wolverhampton consortium of schools.

My questions are, is there one test for all the schools within each consortium or one for each school?

Also, does anyone know if the Shropshire, Walsall and Wolverhampton entrance exam(s) is different to the Birmingham one? And if possible, where the best place to look for practice papers specific to this is?

Sorry for all the questions, but it's been a while since I did mine.
Thanks in advance! :)

Chris
thirdtimemum

Re: Consortiums

Post by thirdtimemum »

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum. Yes there is one exam for the whole consortium. This year the exam is on the first July. It is very similar to the birminghsm exam. With the books you want to make sure they are suitable for the cem exam. We have found the cgm books good but there are lots of different ones out there.
Lots of people recommend doing lots of reading.
hope that helps
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

This is now one test and it is CEM. If you go on the forum shop you will find plenty of CEM material to buy. CGP is very good as is the First Past the Post. There is a CEM section on this forum which will now become your friend! DG
um

Post by um »

You sit the Shropshire, Walsall and Wolverhampton consortium exam on 1st July if you are seeking entry to any of the schools in that consortium.
There is only one exam, regardless of how many of the schools you are interested in.
It is a CEM exam, but will be like the 'old' Birmingham CEM exam with questions written on the sheet and hand-marked afterwards.
The sample paper is here: http://www.qmhs.org.uk/images/stories/S ... t_2015.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You sit the Birmingham/Warwickshire consortium exam on 12th September; again just one exam for all the schools in the consortium.
The sample paper is here: http://www.birminghamgrammarschools.org ... stions.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You'll see that, this year, the Birmingham exam will have a separate answer sheet and this will be computer-marked.

I echo the comments above regarding CEM material.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now