Does Wythenshawe fall in AGGS Area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SGeorge

Does Wythenshawe fall in AGGS Area

Post by SGeorge »

Hi

My daughter is going to be sitting the Eleven plus exams this year. I am staying in the post code M23, does it fall into the permissible limits for AGGS / Sale / Stretford ?

Does anyone know if kids have been offered places from this far ?

Would appreciate any information on this.

Thanks in advance.
ToadMum

Re: Does Wythenshawe fall in AGGS Area

Post by ToadMum »

Have you tried the school websites? Looking at Sale Grammar School, you are in the priority area if you are in the part of M23 which is in Trafford. I am not familiar with the area, I'm afraid, but you will know to which LA you pay your council tax :) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

Check the distance as the "crow flies " from your complete post code to WA14 2NL , if within 5 miles provided your child scores the min standardised score very good chance, if 5-6 miles still good chance , > 6 miles unlikely.

http://www.fres.com/distance-between-uk ... tmemaptool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

beware, the competition for AGGS if fierce ! it's one the top 10 state grammars in the UK for nothing!

good luck!
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

Mods can you move this to Trafford.

SGeorge will get more help there.

btw welcome :D
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Catseye wrote:beware, the competition for AGGS if fierce ! it's one the top 10 state grammars in the UK for nothing!

good luck!
2014 League table
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-31023681" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now