Bromley Application - Quick Question

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
angie2601

Bromley Application - Quick Question

Post by angie2601 »

When the school application forms are published and we are asked to put in the schools in preferential order do we include the schools outside of that borough ?
EG on the Bromley form, can I put Newstead Woods, Darrick Wood (both in the borough) then Chis and Sid (Bexley) and Wilmington (Kent) or do I just put the schools in on the bromley form within Bromley and then on the Bexley form for Chis and sid and on the kent put wilmington ?
Thanks
dpla2428

Re: Bromley Application - Quick Question

Post by dpla2428 »

All on the same form.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

The only thing you need to do separately is apply for any tests or any independents, otherwise as said above all the schools will be on one form for the CAF.
Mich895

Post by Mich895 »

So it is important to list the schools in your true order of preference.
Nikki00

Post by Nikki00 »

Just as a side question to this post, has anyone had problems getting through to HMRC to get the child benefit letter to go with the school application form. We don't receive child benefit and I have phoned several times over the last 2 weeks following the advice on bromley schools admission website and each time the recorded message said they were busy and to call back later. :oops:
Does anyone know if you can email or write asking for the letter ?

Thanks
Mehere

Post by Mehere »

Nikki00 wrote:Just as a side question to this post, has anyone had problems getting through to HMRC to get the child benefit letter to go with the school application form. We don't receive child benefit and I have phoned several times over the last 2 weeks following the advice on bromley schools admission website and each time the recorded message said they were busy and to call back later. :oops:
Does anyone know if you can email or write asking for the letter ?

Thanks
Last year it took me over 3 hours to get through for what turned out to be a one minute conversation! I eventually got through just before 6pm - I remember this because we were late for Brownies, but, having waited for so long I was determined to carry on holding. The worst bit is being put on hold, waiting for 20 mins or so, then just getting cut off.

Surely there must be another form of ID that would be acceptable. I will have to go through the same thing again this year but we haven't had our school meeting yet telling us what Bromley wants. I found last years HMRC letter with all the details they require but it is dated 5 June. I guess this won't be accepted as it is over a year old.

I don't know if you can e-mail or write, last year we were told to phone. Once you do get through the letter is quite quick in coming.

Good Luck and just keep trying.
memphis

Post by memphis »

Hi Nikki00,

I requested for the letter online, and gave details eg why we need the letter etc. It took less than a minute.

Link: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortforms/form/CBO_General" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nikki00

Post by Nikki00 »

Memphis many thanks. Emailed today, let's see what happens !
robofish

Post by robofish »

Thanks for the tip, will try it too.
Nikki00

Post by Nikki00 »

My letter is on its way but a friend tried this alternative number and got through straight away. 01612103086.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now