School work

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

herts mum

School work

Post by herts mum »

We have got our appeal next Wednesday I am happy with our academic evidence etc but don't know whether to take in his school work.

His handwriting can be untidy and I don't want it to detract from his other evidence i.e. excellent reports, level 5 SATS at end of year 5, excellent headteachers support.

Will it look bad if we don't take them in? We haven't got anything to hide but wouldn't say they were our strongest evidence.

Any views?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

You already have good evidence of his academic level perhaps they are not necessary.

could you ask the headteacher whether they would be useful or not ?
camden

Post by camden »

Hi Herts Mum!
I'm no expert, but it sounds as though you've got academic evidence to die for and so his school books can't be [u]that[/u]bad!
From advice given here it does seem a good idea to take some work in - tho' sure it's not essential. Also I'm sure that no panel member would expect fantastically perfect work from any kid...as I say tho' I'm no expert. My son's work sounds similar - for what it's worth I think we'll risk taking some in with us.
Good luck on Wednesday!
Camden
camden

Post by camden »

PS
Did you see the "Taking Textbooks into appeal" post with informed replies from Etienne 7 Capers123? Might be helpful!
Camden
herts mum

Post by herts mum »

Thanks for that!
Feel like I am on countdown now and starting to panic. Will take some work in but not focus too much on it.
mummmm

Post by mummmm »

We were in a similar position with our appeal as far as sats and head support goes. i thought long and hard about this. you only have a 20 min slot. this soon goes. i decided not to take school work with me simply because i was so nervous i didnt want to have anything to divert me from the hard facts. ie other school tests/heads report and letter. I spent most of my appeal going through those things and the last five mins on mitigating curcumstances. We were successful.
good luck
mummmm

Post by mummmm »

ps. my daughters handwriting isnt great either
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now