Whsg uniform fitting

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Danniburke

Whsg uniform fitting

Post by Danniburke »

Hi just wondered as the uniform fitting date for whsg is getting closer if someone could help?

Do you have to purchase the skirts, blouses, trousers etc.. Directly from the school themselves or can I purchase from the likes of m&s or somewhere? Also are all uniform on the list actually needed? Like PE bag etc...wouldn't want to get my dd this if it's not the "in" thing to have and other girls will have their own PE bags.

I understand the blazer, embroidered and house coloured items are compulsory but just wondered on the other items.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Danielle
ToadMum

Re: Whsg uniform fitting

Post by ToadMum »

Danniburke wrote:Hi just wondered as the uniform fitting date for whsg is getting closer if someone could help?

Do you have to purchase the skirts, blouses, trousers etc.. Directly from the school themselves or can I purchase from the likes of m&s or somewhere? Also are all uniform on the list actually needed? Like PE bag etc...wouldn't want to get my dd this if it's not the "in" thing to have and other girls will have their own PE bags.

I understand the blazer, embroidered and house coloured items are compulsory but just wondered on the other items.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Danielle
I'm not a Westcliff parent (but do know a couple if no-one else answers you), so can't help re the sports bag, but as far as I'm aware all the uniform has to come from the school and a quick look at the relevant page on their website seems to confirm this.

(SHSG uniform has to come from official suppliers as well, but at least we have more than one to choose from, plus a good second hand supply - a bit late for you to change your mind now, though, I would guess?) :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
pushymother

Post by pushymother »

Hi Danniburke,

We just got a letter from the school today regarding the uniform day. Seems it all gets purchased from the shop via parent pay....
Stressed.mum

Post by Stressed.mum »

Hi Danniburke,

It says the letter...i guess for the uniform fitting day, is for you to found out the sizes of clothing for your dd, then, purchase it online through the ParentPay. They will then order it for your collection on 30 June at the parents induction evening, or on your dd induction day on 2 July.

I also noted the ParentPay password etc should be set up by 8 June...

It says in the handbook - uniform section the styles are compulsory for all. No other style or manufacturer is acceptable, so I think we should stick with the uniform supplied by the school at least for the first set of uniform. Same goes with the PE kit, better stick to the rules for the first year. It also says they will embroidered your dd name on the PE bags and sports kit.

Good luck!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

You will also see on the website that they are very particular about styles of footwear! Common sense to some of us (we did actually look at the school for DD at the time), but possibly a bit of a shock to those whose DDs have spent their entire primary school career in unsuitable shoes :shock: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
djw

Post by djw »

My daughter is in Yr 7 and can confirm all uniform needs to be bought from the school. All seemed to run very smoothly on the day last year.
Danniburke

Post by Danniburke »

Thank you all for the information. Had a feeling that was the case. Silly but I'm so excited to see her in her uniform ;-)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now