Bishop Vesey Pass Mark

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
fingerscrossed

Bishop Vesey Pass Mark

Post by fingerscrossed »

Now that the exams for this year are all over - I've just discovered this site! I wish I'd found it before!! My son is hoping for a place at Bishop Vesey. Does anyone have any idea what the actual score needs to be to secure a place? He has a January Birthday and thinks he may have got a total of 9 questions wrong over the three papers. I was always led to believe that to gain entry to the Sutton Schools you need to achieve high 90%s unless you are have a summer birthday - in which case he probably won't get in. I know that the lowest standardised score to be admitted last year was 324, but I have no idea how this correlates to an actual score. Can anyone offer any advice? March is still 7 weeks away! Many thanks.[/list]
fm

BV

Post by fm »

The last child I had statistics for scored:

39/45 VR which translated to 116
35/40 NVR which translated to 112
30/50 Maths which translated to 101.

This left a final score of 329 for a December birth girl. That year the boys had to score 328 to achieve entry and the girls 329.

As you can see the maths is considerably below 90%. There is a lot of talk very high marks needed. Yes they have to high to be safe of a place but none of these are over 90%.

I hope this reassures you. However, there is usually a discrepancy between what an optimistic child thinks they got right and what they actually got right. You should probably take off another 2 or 3 marks in each module and then do the calculation.

Anyway, I hope this helps.
abcdef

Post by abcdef »

Hi there,
On the thread entitled "Sutton Test" (last post 29 Sep) I gave the raw scores and standardised scores that my son had been given for entry 07. As I stated then, I have tried many ways of working out how the standardised scores were obtained but do not have a clue.
Anyway, I hope the info is of some use. I have tried not to think too much about March (I am waiting for daughter's results this year), but fingers crossed for all.
abcdef
fingerscrossed

Post by fingerscrossed »

Many thanks to both for your replies. The figure I quoted was based on my son's (possibly optimistic!) impression of how the test went - so I will take your advice of knocking down each paper by a few marks! it is interesting to see that children have gained entry without the rumoured 'full marks' necessary - we are not even close to home and dry - but I do appreciate your comments. Meanwhile - my son is pleased the tests are all over and enjoying year 6!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now