Kent, Slough exams on same day

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

happymommy

Kent, Slough exams on same day

Post by happymommy »

Saw the test dates for Kent and Slough and both are on the same day ( 12th September).
Is there any chance that we can request them for another day?
Tinkers

Re: Kent, Slough exams on same day

Post by Tinkers »

You'll need to ask the schools, but I'm guessing not. Usually the only reason allowed is medical.

Have you looked at admissions criteria though, there's a big distance between Kent and Slough.
curiousappa

Post by curiousappa »

Hi happy mommy
true even more schools in Chelmsford and Pete grammer school in Cheltenham Tonbridge grammer schools have exams on same day on 12th I am stuck as well since we planned to sit exam in all these location
please let me know if you find any way to take test on other day
thanks
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

If it's the same test, you will not be able to take it another day elsewhere.

The only way you will be able to take the test later is for medical reasons. As it is the same test, CEM will know that you have already taken it elsewhere.

Have you checked all the admissions for the schools you are looking at? They are spread all over geographically.
curiousappa

Post by curiousappa »

Thanks Tinkers,
You mean CEM type test for Chelmsford grammer and pete grammer, and Kent grammer and slough grammer schools on 12th and Colyton grammer CEM and Colchester girls high school grammer CEM on 19th September are same?
If my daughter sits on 12th in Slough she can't sit for Colchester on 19th and she can't also sit for Nonsuch grammer on 16th
please be clear.
I heard Nonsuch has two part of exams like hbs and tiffin even though they are CEM type
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I think all the CEM ones on the 12th are the same. That includes Berkshire and at least 10 other schools, possibly more this year.

It will not be the same test on the 19th, so she will be fine to take that one and Nonsuch
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

The test for Colchester County High School is the (unique) Consortium for Selective Schools in Essex exam and is nothing at all to do with the University of Durham CEM or GL Assessment.

Why not just take the CSSE test? It will give potential access to ColCHS and a minimum of at least 74 OOC places between the two girls' grammar schools here in the Borough of Southend on Sea. You can even live somewhere totally inappropriate for any of them and get your DD to commute, plenty of people do. At the beginning of this academic year at Southend High School for Boys one of the boys in DS2's year (year 7) was travelling back and forth from Dartford, apparently. Not a journey I or any one of my acquaintance would consider suitable for am 11 year old, but who are we to judge?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now